“Clean quiet hotel with great staff!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Nice clean, quiet hotel with pool off the main road. very helpful staff and nice amenities. Quick access to beaches and Highway 75. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you will return! I will share this with my staff, thank you!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Clean. Pool area had plenty of chairs and the water was warm. Disappointed there weren't hot eggs at the complimentary breakfast. The mattress quality was poor. My husband and I rolled into the middle of the bed toward each other all night long. The kitchen area was well stocked and having a full size frig/freezer was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

I was disappointed to read your review and we looked at the mattress of the room you stayed in and found that it was on the proper rotation status and they are Serta perfect sleep mattresses. You spoke with my assistant when you were here about the eggs and that day we did have eggs inside the burritos that we had out, you mentioned it was not your preference and I do apologize. We attempt to offer a variety to our guests especially those who stay with us for an extended time. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I had the choice of staying at Residence Inn and this property. If I had my choice of doing this all over again, I would have chosen Residence Inn over this property. This property was OK, but the walk from the parking lot to your room is the longest walk I have ever walked to get to a room before. The rooms need to be updated, because they are very old looking, including the carpet in the hallways. If you stay on the first floor, there is no ice machines on the first floor, and you have to go to the second floor just to get ice. The staff is wonderful, and the property is kept up fairly well. The parking is terrible around the pool, because guest park next to the pool, and because there is no "no parking" signs next to pool, but they end up blocking in all the guests that park in designated parking spots.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review and taking the time out to inform other guests about what to expect. We are set to renovate the hotel in the fourth quarter of this year and I am sure you will be happy with our new plans. You had spoken to me directly when you were here and I would be happy to forward you photos of the progress we make and I truly hope that you reconsider your statement about returning.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel "treats you like family" from having all the conveniences of home like a 2 burner stove, full size refrigerator with freezer, microwave, pots and pans, wireless internet access, expanded cable television, and complimentary breakfast daily. There was also a business center, outdoor pool, and fitness room. There were many good restaurants and shopping nearby. The staff is what makes this hotel "special" from smiling front office employees to hard working housekeepers who make sure your suite is very clean and comfortable. The maintenance team is eager to help, and does it with a caring smile. The breakfast staff is there to keep relenishing the buffet to make sure your day starts off right with a delicious and complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The front desk is knowledgeable on the local area and excellent with directions. When visiting Sarasota, or here for business, this is the place to "call home"!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review and taking the time to mention our staff and other details. I will be sure to mention your comments to our staff and reward them accordingly. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Excellent hotel with very helpful staff, being used by us as part of a relocation. Outside Sarasota, but only a 10 minute drive downtown. Room was fine, breakfast good, did not use pool but looked OK aprt from no umbrela's for shade

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your reply, we look forward to you returning

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to go to some Oriole's games and the beach. We are a family of 4, with children 3 & 6.

PROS:
1. It was safe, you needed a key to enter every building and while that could be slightly annoying, it made me feel safe
2. The families staying there were all very nice and friendly, it was family friendly
3. The pool/hot tub area was nice, hands down the nicest part of this hotel
4. The staff was friendly and helpful enough
6. The rooms have a full size fridge
7. The location is pretty good if you are there for Oriole's games (it's about 1.5 miles from stadium) and only about a 10 minute drive to St. Armand's Circle & Lido Beach; but it's kind of a shady area around it. The McDonald's across the street was downright scary.

CONS:
1. The room is tiny, like the size of a regular hotel room with a kitchenette. How this can be considered a suite? Not sure
2. The beds are doubles, not sure how I missed that when booking. That's not super family friendly, or adult friendly for that matter. I am just still shocked at how small the beds are.
3. The rooms are "clean enough", but really could use some serious updating
4. Price-we used HHonors points, but our friends payed $200/night for the room, now it was Spring Break, but this room is worth $125 at most!

I doubt I would stay there again, but there really aren't great Hilton choices in Sarasota. The Hilton Longboat Key & this hotel could use some serious renovations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for the most detailed review I have seen to date. I appreciated the pros and cons and hope that I can address many:
1. I am so glad that you felt safe!
2. We do promote a family friendly environment for all of our guests, we want you to feel at home.
3. Thank you for the compliment about the pool, we take pride in maintaining the pool in house with two certified pool operators on staff.
4. Thank you for the staff compliment,
As far as location and the other pros we thank you and in response to your McDonald's comment I will talk with the manager over there and see if they can increase security measures.

Cons:
1. Our Studio suite is a economical designed suite that still has many nice features and is larger than a typical hotel room, next time our one bedroom suite might be more suitable to your needs.
2. Our Double/double studio with a pull out sofa are designed with families in mind and can sleep up to six.
3. We are due for a renovation later this year and we will post pictures on our website when updated.
4. we thank you for valuing our hotel.

We hope that you reconsider your last statement and you may contact me directly before you plan a trip to the area.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Average hotel but nice staff. Pete took care of entire breakfast service solo including cleaning up after customers that don't clean up their own dishes while replenishing food at buffet. Nice pool. Smallish rooms.
If your plan is to go to Orioles Spring training, this hotel is very close and even a few minor league players stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review and pointing out some specifics. Our studio suites are an economical option to our larger one bedroom suites and still offer amenities such as a full size fridge, dishwasher, pots, pans, stovetop burner etc. We do hope that you return next year as our hotel will undergo a complete renovation by then. Regards!