“Quietest Room Ever”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Nashville, United States
“Quietest Room Ever”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Quiet room, comfortable bed, nicely furnished. Efficient, generous, functional suite. Plenty of floor space. Sufficient and good breakfast, although limited offerings. (The rest of this review is to meet the 200 character minimum required. Are you kidding me?)

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
Cape Canaveral, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

EXCELLENT ! The added details from every employee impressed me the most. Anything I asked about, they had complete answers. I did not feel rushed, pushed away, or unimportant. The professional staff really makes this Homewood Suite one if the BEST. I look forward to booking more at Homewood Suites.

Roscoe, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Excellent hotel and suite, very friendly staff, and the breakfast, and dinner at night with wine, can not beat it. Also very comfortable beds. Recommend this hotel highly. Very nice pool also. Quiet rooms also. Was there for 10 days so got to know the place pretty well, free fax and copies with the use of computer. Bravo on a very good running hotel and suites.

Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It was very clean,but a little noisey with all the doors opening and slamming shut. The service is amazing the staff bends over backwards to help the guests. I just love Homewood suites for this reason. Make this your next stay. Only issue we had was small ants on the night stand, headboard and they got into our bed. The best thing was we let the front desk know and they took care of our nights stay.

Fairlawn, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were very satisfied with the hotel and the amenities. It represents a good value for the traveler. Breakfasts were better than expected and we were pleasantly surprised with complimentary dinners Monday-Thursday.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a nice Hilton property. The aesthetic is very charming and the rooms are spacious, well equipped, and clean. I enjoyed the complimentary bottled water and the popcorn in the room. They also have a decent breakfast and welcome home dinner reception Monday through Thursday. The rooms were very clean and were very spacious. I had absolutely zero issues with the room, accomodations or the staff. Check-in was very quick as was checkout.

The only issues I had were related to parking and noise. On my first night, I arrived rather late (9pm) as I had been traveling all day. At check-in I was provided with a map of how to get to my room (the main building is separate from the building that houses all of the rooms, which is directly behind the main building). Although there was some parking directly in front of the building where all of the rooms are, the parking (which is somewhat limited) was full. I had to park around the right side of the buildings, basically as far away from my room as possible and walk, with all of my baggage, through one entrance of the building, out the other side, all the way across the parking area where all the spaces were taken, in another door and to my room. Although the parking was fairly well lit, I am a petite female and it was late so I would have rather not have had to walk such a distance with my luggage in tow. Also, my room was literally on the opposite corner from where I had to park. The second night, I arrived back from my meeting around 5, I was able to find a parking behind the building where my room was located. However, when I left for dinner, by the time I came back (around 8pm) all the spots were full again and I had to park in the far away parking lot.

If you're traveling with family and this happens, I would suggest you drop of members of your party (and your luggage) at the entrance door closest to your room and then park the car.

The second issue I had was with some noise, particularly in the morning. On my first night I stayed in a room with a king size bed. The room itself was lovely but the following morning it seems as though the people next door wanted to leave around 6am. I could hear their conversations in the hallway CLEARLY in the bed where I was sleeping (and they weren't shouting or anything) and every. single. time. a door to a room within 50 feet of my room opened and shut, I could hear it. Also, whenever the adjoining room flushed the toilet, I could hear the flush in my room. It seemed as though the walls were VERY thin.

On the second night, I moved upstairs to a queen bed suite. The configuration of this room made it so that the bed was in a separate room from the living area and farther away from the main door. I was not bothered by noise while I slept in this second room. I did, however, hear the activities of the adjoining room who was active in their kitchen around dinner time while in the living-room area of my room. I could hear them talking, silverware and plates clanking and even the microwave in their room beeping. It was around 6pm and I just popped in my headphones and listened to music while working so it didn't bother, but if you are sensitive to noise (or hearing the activities of your neighbors), I suggest bringing a white noise machine and/or getting a room where the bedroom is far away from the front door to the unit.

Aside from those issues, the place itself is lovely and the staff was very courteous. The pool area looked nice, although I didn't use it, and the fitness center was sufficient.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs and with the bedroom separate from the living area (and door to the room) to red...