“Hallway and room carpeting is in desperate need of cleaning.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The lobby is lovely, staff very pleasant and helpful. As we walked through the hallway to get to our room, I thought we might turn around and not even stay there. the hallways have a very unpleasant oder and are in need of new carpet and or a good vacume. The suite is perfectly adequate, nothing exciting, , well equipped, but the cushions on the couch are definitely past their prime, very uncomfortable and lopsided due to everyone sitting in the same place.
It appears the center of the carpet may be vacumed on a regular basis, but not the closets or edges of the room, they were piled with dust bunnies and the leads to a definite dust oder at all times.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota

Reviewed 4 October 2009

When I read the other reviews I was a little scared to stay but it wasn't bad. The hotel itself are more for those that have extended stays. There is a microwave, stove/oven, and fridge in each room with a small dining area with a coach and television. The beds are not the bad either. I have stayed at other Hilton chains are those are much better beds but the beds at homewood suites are fine.

They offer coffee all day and night and their breakfast is a small selection of eggs, breakfast sausages or bacon, cereal, milk, yogurts, produce, breads, muffins, and bagels with different condiments. There is no bar in hotel which would have been nice but there is a grocery store less then 3 blocks that you can get a "beverage" to take back.

The area itself is safe and a couple of times I walked to the grocery store with no problems but the traffic is pretty heavy. There is a Walgreens on the same street (within a block) and a McDonalds across the street. There's also a Kmart, Wendy's, and a clothing store next to the grocery store. There are also 2 malls within 10 miles which are pretty nice.

Overall I really didn't have any complaints; the staff was great and housekeeping did a nice job on the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2009

This hotel has a lot of problems, so I'll try to be brief: 1. The bed was too comfortable. I was in Sarasota on business, and it was difficult to get out of bed in the morning! 2. The breakfast buffet had too many options. I could never decide among eggs and sausage, or French Toast, or just muffins or toast, or even what kind of juice. 3. The "Welcome Home" evening meal had too much food. Only one main option (burgers, chicken tenders, Mama's Meatballs, etc.), but then I had to decide on salad or no salad? What type of salad dressing? What kind of bread? Which side dishes? Wine or beer? 4. The staff can read your mind, that's scary. They seem to know what you want, even if you don't. I used the guest laundry, and purchased laundry detergent at the desk. I had to return because I forgot to get change for the machines, and the clerk asked if I was SURE I had enough quarters. I told her I did, but had to return again because I missed it. These people are too good. 5. The housekeeping staff is too friendly. I left early every morning, but when I returned in the evening, I was greeted with a note saying "Good morning! Have a wonderful day!", or something similar. Thank you, Maria and America! 6. Management and maintenance are obsessive about cleanliness. I mean, it never stops! It's 90 degrees in the middle of the day, and the maintenance man is out there cleaning the driveway with a power sprayer. I don't recall seeing that at any "high end" hotel I've visited. 7. It's too close to everything. You don't get to see the city unless you want to, because there are grocery stores, gas stations, liquor stores, restaurants, etc. within a few blocks (although a car is recommened... Fruitville Road is busy). 8. The price is too reasonable. People might bypass this hotel thinking it's too "cheap" to be any good (okay, management can feel free to ignore this complaint).

Okay, enough is enough, no one will read this far into the review anyway. While this is one of the better hotels I've stayed, especially at this price, it coud still use some small improvements. The television could have a few more channels, especially those people have become accustomed to such as the Food Channel, HGTV, etc. They could also go to flat screen TVs - it is a Hilton, after all. While they advertise that coffee is available 24-hours, it was cold when I tried to get a cup around 11am (breakfast is 6-9, 7-10 on weekends). The parking lot isn't large, and if you arrive later in the evening you could have a bit of a walk to your room. But these are minor details, this is a quality, well-run, clean, and enjoyable property. I know I enjoyed my six nights!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill_In_Memphis
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This was such a fine experience that I had to join the Hilton Honors Program. The suite was very clean and the staff absolutely accomodating and friendly. The pool was clean and inviting. The fantastic plus was the delicious breakfast buffet and the dinner treat. This was a single menu item served every nite except weekends . You literally dont have to buy food .Our first nite the dinner was meat loaf with gravy, mashed potatoes and corn with biscuits and drinks. You can enjoy as much as you can handle. The breakfast buffet was exceptional . They thought of every amenity and detail to make this a pleasurable stay for us. The kitchenetts were well thought out with all you need to prepare for a stay in meal. The bathrooms were very clean and well appointed. The air conditioner has a digital controls so you can set it to your desired temperature. The business center has two computers with a printer . We are planning a trip in august and will start looking for a homewood suites.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2009

This Homewood Suites hotel is still getting their act together but I thought the service personnel should get mentioned for their unusual friendliness. The manager stood in the breakfast room each morning, ready to meet any need. The head maintenance guy was cheerful and visited with guests as if he was the neighbor. And any employee that you asked for assistance, from driving directions to extra ice, jumped up and helped you, without question. In this world of strangers, it's nice to be in a hotel where you feel like you know the people. Also, the pool area is beautiful, with plenty of lounges, bbq grills, and a cabana for hosting family cook-outs. They're working out the details, but in the meantime, this Homewood Suite has a real family feel!

• Stayed: May 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 19 May 2009

First impressions was just OK, however, after three days with the staff, we liked it a lot. Everyone was very, very nice. The only complaint that I had was my grown son was with us and he had to sleep on the sofa bed. The mattress was very, very thin.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I can't say enough good things about Homewood Suites Sarasota. We stayed 4 nights in a queen 1 br (suite 202) and it was everything and more than we expected. Staff went out of their way to accomodate any needs we had.From the front desk to housekeeping, everything was great. The breakfast was good and the "welcome home" meal they have Mon thru Thurs was fabulous! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness and am always apprehensive about hotel rooms however, this hotel met all of my expectations. From the front desk to checkout, everything was perfect! We never experienced any difficulty with internet either. Location, cleanliness, price and value. Make your reservation here and you can be worry free. Perfect...perfect...perfect!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple