“Charming, cozy hotel, friendly staff”

Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
west palm beach
“Charming, cozy hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed 29 January 2009

l am so glad we stayed at the Hotel Indigo. We booked a room there because we were attending a wedding that was being held at the Lido, and the Lido's prices were out of our budget. Staying at a hotel on the beach wasn't important - nor was staying at a hotel with a pool, although the Indigo does have at least two hot tubs, I think. I was so happy to get back to our cozy room at the Indigo after the wedding! The Lido seemed too big and impersonal. Hotel Indigo is a small boutique hotel, charmingly decorated in comforting white, blue and green colors. The rooms were clean and I appreciated the friendliness of the staff at the front desk and the restaurant. They were very helpful and attentive. We also had two meals in the restaurant. It's not fancy food by any means, but it was tasty and the presentation was nice. I was also impressed by the quality of the offerings during the hotel's Happy Hour.

• Liked — The hotel vibe
  • Disliked — I wish the bed was a tad softer.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2008

I stayed at here for one night and I would definetly return. It was so different than your run of the mill hotel- and sometimes that's okay! I booked the king suite and when I walked into the room, there was peaceful music playing in this little portable CD player, which I thought to be such a lovely, and simple, little touch for the guests entering the room. The room was very clean and I just loved, loved the wood flooring. The shower was lovely and I enjoyed being surrounded by glass instead of a curtain.

There is a wine and beer bar, which I did not visit, and there is no room service. However, the little restaurant in the lobby area seemed nice.

The check-in was a breeze- the lady was very friendly and cordial. I wish I could have stayed longer. Next time I'm in Sarasota, I'll be sure to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Jacksonvile, FL
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We stayed 4 nights to bring my son to college. While we were there, we had some unexpectedly serious medical appointments, and a hurricane was projected to land! It was obviously a very stressful time for our family, but this hotel was a godsend for us. It was cheerful and soothing in decor, the staff was very flexible, sensitive and helpful, and the room was large and very comfortable. Everything was in good working order and extremely clean (and I'm picky) -- including the garage and the bathroom. The showerhead had great water pressure. The location is great, right on a main thoroughfare and close to the downtown shops and restaurants. I've stayed at a lot of very pricy hotels around the world, and this was just as comfortable and well-located as most -- for much less money. I just made another booking for my next stay in Sarasota.

• Liked — Staff, decor, cleanliness, location, value
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My wife and I stayed here on a rare week-end getaway to celebrate an occasion. The most impressive thing about this hotel is that the guest rooms have HARD WOOD FLOORS, NOT carpet. What a great change, no more wondering what is embedded in carpet fibers, it just felt and smelled so much cleaner than any hotel I've ever stayed at.

The hotel was great. Nice, quaint building in a fantastic location, freindly, outgoing & helpful staff, luggage carts for guest use, extremely clean rooms, clean pool and hot tub with towels, contemporary decor and the bar/grill in the lobby served food that was quite good and reasonably priced- a real improvement over most hotel food.

I am a road warrior traveler. This is the first review I've ever written, I normally don't take the time - but we had such a great experience here I decided to make an exception.

We will definitely return.

• Liked — Hardwood floors in guest room, exceptional cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo last night, June 9, 2008. It is a lovely place. Really cool, delightful decor--not the typical touristy stuff. The staff is wonderful--very friendly and helpful. The property was wonderfully clean, clean, clean!

Because of other reviews citing noise as a problem, I asked for a quiet room. Staff very graciously booked a room on the 4th floor, which was supposed to be a slight upgrade. The upgrade: robes, slippers and a snack. The snack was a very small biscotti and a bottle of juice drink.

The room we got is a handicapped (wheelchair accessible) room, so the bath isn't as attractive as the web pictures. Still, it is very functional, and I will feel comfortable taking my mother there. Rather than the standard "2 of each", there are lots of towels, cloths, etc. The toiletries are Aveda--very nice!

The coffee service in the room follows the "clean" theme. Hotel Indigo provides a disposable filter/basket system that is a big improvement on the usual smelly coffee maker. The coffee is a good grade.

The website advertises "luxury bedding". Though beautifully dressed, including comfy pillows, the bed is not a luxury bed. The mattress is really standard. There is no special pad, memory foam or other, to increase the comfort.

For the price, Hotel Indigo is a really good place. I will probably go there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, great staff, decor, convenience, location.
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2008

My husband and I spent two weekend nights at Hotel Indigo and thought it was so pretty. Eveything looks clean, fresh, and the decorations and set/ups are unique and imaginative.

Nice size bathroom and the bed was so comfortable. I loved the Aveda toiletries because most hotel hair care kills me!

The bar area is cute, but the food didn't look so great. Much more worth it to take a quick trip into town where there are SO many restaurants - just a few blocks away.

There is no real pool here, and we were disappointed by that. There are just 2 small "whirlpools."

Overall, it was cute for a quick weekend stay.

• Liked — Unique, Clean
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I used to live and work in Florida. Usually when I visit from Michigan I end up on a friends pull out couch. Not this time. I found the website for Hotel Indigo and knew I had to stay there. It was perfect from the moment I walked in. Due to plane delays, I didn't arrive until 3 am. The staff was fantastic. They pulled together a snack for me and made sure I had everything I needed. The room was serene upon entering, dimmed lights with wonderful music playing. I was extremely excited to discover that everyday when I returned to the room this was the case. It felt instantly like a sanctuary. I stayed four nights and didn't have any problems at all. I wasn't disturbed by any of the other guests. My second day there, I actually slept most of the day the bed was so comfortable. This was the best hotel experience I have ever had and will always stay here when I visit my friends in Florida. The Aveda products were a wonderful bonus!

• Liked — Calm and relaxing atmosphere.
  • Disliked — Nothing. Loved it!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo