“Vegan Friendly Chef”

Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The H20 Bistro is located inside the lobby of Hotel Indigo Sarasota, Sarasota's #1 boutique hotel! On the edge of downtown and right in the middle of the arts district, The H20 Bistro offers the perfect location for breakfast, lunch, dinner and private parties. We are committed to bringing you the freshest local produce, seafood, meats, dairy and eggs that Sarasota county has to offer. We believe that purchasing whole ingredients from nearby family farms and markets is not only better for your taste buds but also better for our community.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Savor Sarasota restaurant week brought five friends in for dinner. This was our first time to H2O Bistro. There are a number of vegetarian selections on the menu but nothing specific for vegans. Chef Solomon Shenker spoke with me and offered roasted vegetables with pasta. I said yes and was pleasantly surprised. Omnivores in our dinner party were also pleased with their selections. All in all a relaxing night out with good food and friends.

1  Thank Wellness1st

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Savor Sarasota brought us in! We will be back! Totally enjoyed our experience! Attentive staff! Candied pecans on salad were decadent. Crab stuffed bass was flavorful. A bit too much stuffing in crab. Cheesecake rocks! Bread pudding was tasty. A great place per theater!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had Chef Sol's cheesecake on 3 different visits in a week. Possibly the best we've ever had (and we are from NY.) Also excellent Bread Pudding. All food very good, from Wedge and Caesar Salads to Steak and Rib special. As others have mentioned, great service too from Adam and Gennifer. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We wanted to try something different for lunch and went to a hotel restaurant. There was plenty of free parking. Our server told us to pick any table which I am always happy to do.
For our appetizer I had the wild mushroom bisque which was excellent. I also ate one of my wife's baked shrimp crostinis and it was very good. For the entrée we both chose the Vegetable Napoleon. I enjoy meat or seafood with my lunch and rarely get a dish without either. However this sounded so good that I could not resist. As the menu says it is "Roasted eggplant, red and yellow peppers, roman tomatoes, portabella mushroom and asparagus. Then topped with a balsamic glaze and underlined with chef's polenta." It was wonderful. For dessert, my wife got the cheesecake which was fabulous and I had the Indigo Bread Pudding which was served with just the right amount of warmness and was very good.
The staff were as friendly and helpful as any I have seen. A server who was not ours noticed that we were done with our appetizers and picked them up. A third staff member brought out our dessert. I really enjoy a restaurant where the impression is that all the staff pitch in to help each other and make the customer feel special. Chef Sol stopped by our table and after making sure the meal was to our satisfaction told us the recipe for cheesecake was something he learned while working in a deli in NYC.
In my opinion, this would be a nice out of the way place to meet friends for a relaxed lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I dined with another couple last night. What an experience. Had salmon topped with shrimp and crab meat. Service was second to none and the cheese cake dessert was the best ever. Have to say we didn't leave hungry. Chef Sol did a great job and we thank him for an experience of a lifetime.