“great place to eat”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Elmer, New Jersey
“great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

great food, good service, and great atmosphere. You can't go wrong here. We had steak and fish for the two of us and both were excellent.

Visited May 2014

Dundee, Florida
“Met Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We met a friend and her hubby there. My friend and I went to college together almost 40 years ago. It was great reconnecting.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank tropicteacher
Chicago,illinois
“good ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

having been there three times while in Sarasota. i can say Stonewood is good. and hits the spit. Not a highend expensive steakhouse they provide nice meals. a little skimy on the sides that come with the meals. which would fill the plate and my belly. i orderes grouper wood fired and got blackened. the waitor had disappeared. groupon nice size. but blackened takes away flavor and waitor disappeared. bluecheese burger very good. perfect ...meat was quality meat. again skimpy on the fries. in otherwords nice place to have a nice meal with great entries. quality steakhouse at the entree level. which means reasonible prices for steaks.

Sarasota
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Delicious dinner at Stonewood Grill tonight. The service was good, the staff was friendly and our food was delicious. Will definitely go back again. Wish we had this restaurant in Rhode Island!

Visited April 2014
Siesta Key, Florida
“Nothing (For Me) To Write Home About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Maybe my lukewarm reaction to this place had more to do with the company than the venue, but I'm pretty good at separating the two, and I think I might be generous in giving this an "average" - at least for my more mature years (mid-50's). I would describe SG&T as a chain trying to look like a fine steakhouse. The upsides were the service and drinks, which were prompt and strong, respectively. On the downside it was extremely noisy, full of after-work happy hour celebrants, and I thought, for the quality of the food, unexpectedly pricey. Probably a great place for 20's-30's types who want to hang out, eat well, and enjoy some cocktails at the end of a week, and I think, from what I observed, for older men looking to hook up with younger women on a more casual basis, but not what I prefer for a relaxing meal, or for a date, which is what my experience was supposed to have been. I would definitely not consider SG&T for a family gathering, either. Not sure this review will be helpful to all, but it's my honest impression.

Visited June 2013