“A great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Venice, Florida
“A great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Stonewood was recommended to us by our realtor and we liked it so much we went back again during our trip! Excellent food, nice atmosphere, and good service! My favorite was the Med. salad and dessert!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

jacksonville, fl
“I rave to all my friends about this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

Our service was attentive and food was delicious. A great place to eat and as always keeps everyone in my family coming back!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Went there for the first...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

Went there for the first time in years for our 1st wedding anniversary. I called ahead for a reservation and was seated immediately when we arrived. Jarod was our waiter and brought us our appetizer immediately, but failed to take our order. I don't blame Jarod, he had a table of 16 walked in and sat next to us, just getting their drink took a while.

We started with Bruschetta, first time I had something like it, and it was phenomenal!

I had the lamb and it was excellent, the sauce and the vegetables went with it well.

My wife had the filet and I gotta say that melted in my mouth and was probably one of the best piece of steak I've had

Jarod was great through out the night, constantly checking on us, he ensured my tea never ran low, and kept tabs on my wife's wine

We finish the dinner and had a chocolate cake for the final finisher

The entire meal took about 3 hours and service was great, although we were put next to some very obnoxious folks who were impatient and annoying, but that's not the restaurant's fault. I only wish they didn't have TV there at the bar

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
wisconsin
“Siesta Key Restaurant Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2007

Part of a Florida Chain, this location next to Siesta Key. A busy, stormy, Saturday night, well staffed & seated after an appropriate 30 minute wait. Service reflected a busy kitchen on a busy night. The wait-staff was visibily disapointed that our group of five focused on low to mid priced entrees, fore-going cocktails, appetizers, salad add ons & desert. We had grouper, salmon, a seasonal salad, a very spicy jambalaya & shrimp skewers. All were well prepared and I would recommend any of them. Soft drinks & ice-tea were re-filled without asking. Locally popular for a good reason.

2 Thank norah50