Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
US$83
US$167
US$161
HotelIndigo.com
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$112
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota - I75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$216
US$172
US$160
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$108
ComfortSuites
US$458
US$424
  • Restaurant
1,426 results
All reviewssiesta keyfree popcornpool barfree shuttle to the beachfire pitroom was cleanpool sidehot breakfastsiesta beachtamiami trailhot tubyogurtgreat place to staypublic beachminute driveeasy accessconvenient location
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Overall, my experience at this hotel was good, but not VERY good so I could not give it a rating of four. I would have given it a 3.5. We stayed there only one night and were using a Best Western Certificate for a free night's stay since we had recently done a road trip to CA and stayed at three other Best Western's which earned us this certificate. Out of the other BW's we stayed at only one was also a PLUS as this location is and I'd say that one in California was far superior to this one in Sarasota. However, it definitely was better than the non-PLUS locations we stayed at in Utah. There were two main reasons why I was unhappy with this location that I felt warranted it getting a score of 3-4. First, when I made the reservation, I made it very clear that we needed a roll-away cot for the room and was told that shouldn't be a problem. My boyfriend's two girls don't sleep well together so we knew we needed an extra bed, thus the request for the cot. As we got close to arrival on our drive to this location, we called the hotel and asked if they could please have the cot ready in our room upon arrival in the next half hour since we were tired from a long day of travel and wanted to rest right away. They told me that they did not have cots and that it was against fire code. The male I spoke to on the phone was not apologetic whatsoever about the situation and didn't seem to care at all about the fact that I made this request when I placed the reservation and was told it shouldn't be a problem. Well, it was a problem and his lack of concern for our predicament was quite disconcerting. We arrived and no solution or apology was given whatsoever and I found out it was actually one of the managers with whom we had spoken. The only solution now was to either pay for another room which we were not about to do. I asked for extra pillows and blankets which they did provide, but now one of the teenagers had to sleep on the floor. Not what we had anticipated.

The other issue that surfaced which did not make us happy was that at checkout, they tried to charge my boyfriend $30 for the stay when the BW certificate explicitly said that the one night stay was COMPLETELY FREE and that no charges whatsoever for the night's stay should be charged. When I pointed out to the desk clerk that no charge should be forthcoming, she said she'd need to track down the manager, which took a while. When the manager did finally surface, she was very nice and apologized for the mistake and took care of reversing the charge. However, it made me question whether this was a simple mistake or an intentional method to get unsuspecting customer's to pay a small fee for their "free" night's stay. I wonder.

Other than those two things, I will say that there are no complaints. The breakfast was plentiful and definitely way above the continental breakfast of most hotels, but this was to be expected since it's a PLUS location. Once again though, the other PLUS we stayed at in California actually had an on the spot made to order omelet station which this one did not have. This location did however provide fresh made cookies in the afternoon and a popcorn cart as well.

The rooms were clean. There was a wide screen tv. A nice size refrigerator for such a small room. We didn't use the pool area but walked through and it seemed well kept. There is a bar the pool area and they provide a couple of drink tickets for it as part of your stay. I asked for a substitution for a couple of bottles of water instead and the bar tender said it's not the norm, but was kind enough to give it to us.

So overall, our one night's stay wasn't awful, but it wasn't five star the way other's seem to have experienced.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I believe there was a misunderstanding however, in regard to your roll-away bed request. We have plenty of roll-away beds available. We cannot, however, place a roll-away bed into a room with 2 double beds. It is against the fire code. I apologize that you didn't understand this when you made your original reservation. We do have 2 room suites available that can accommodate up to 5 and a roll-away as well free of charge. Your other issue regarding the free certificate for your stay was nothing more than a front desk associate's error and was handled expediently before you departed, according to your review. You indicated that your overall stay was still satisfactory. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

No complaints about the hotel. Rooms were clean, well stocked. A refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer and coffee maker made things even more convenient. Pool area spotless with a good supply of noodles to use in the pool. The hot tub was hot like it should be. Towels for the pool were available. The exercise room had a nice variety of equipment with TV's to break up the monotony of exercising. The free breakfast was excellent. Hot dishes changed daily: scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, quiches, etc. Always available were breads, bagels, muffins, english muffins, cereals and fruit. One morning the fruit ran out and wasn't refilled too quickly, but otherwise everything was kept full and hot. Coffee, tea and cappachino were available 24/7. There was warm popcorn in the lobby almost all the time and in the late afternoon warm choc. chip cookies were put out (delicious). The staff was friendly and always ready to chat and help. There were many restaurants and stores, some within walking distance, many others within 5 miles. The gorgeous beach was a 10 minute drive. My only complaint, which I'm sure would have been rectified had I spoken to a staff member, was on the second day the housekeeper did, what I consider to be, an "abbreviated" job. The bed was made and hand towels were left on the counter. Originally we had 3 bath towels which we used and left on the floor to be replaced, but only 2 new ones were left. The hair in the bathtub wasn't rinsed away and the toilet paper, which was running low, wasn't replaced or a new roll left.. As I said, I'm sure a phone call would have rectified the problem, but I felt I could do with things the way they were and didn't feel I should have had to complain, the job should have been done properly to begin with. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to return. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor facing the parking lot, but probably because we were up high, we weren't bothered by any noise from the parking lot. A room on the other side facing the pool could have been noisy had the pool been busy but every time we were poolside there were never more then 2 more people there
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhirschberg1
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property. We truly appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing your positive comments with the staff as this information is truly important to them. We hope that you will continue to choose us when you return to Sarasota in the future and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great hotel with an outstanding staff. Highly recommend this for either business or leisure travel. The staff was always willing to assist and very accommodating . The rooms were clean and the location was great with many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our property and we appreciate your positive input and recommendation for others to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future and we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Plus, first let me start with our arrival. The front desk was very helpful and timely with our check in. Our room was very spacious, bright, and clean we had a microwave and fridge. Free Breakfast every day, eggs, cereal, French toast, fruit and coffee and tea, the women (Anita) that ran the breakfast was on top of things always refilling, and always cleaning tables. There was always fresh popcorn and cookies everyday with tea, coffee, and water. The grounds were keep up very clean and the pool was very refreshing. I give the Best Western Plus a 5 Star and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: chose a pool side room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce H
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Love Siesta Key Best Western.....it's the Gateway to a wonderful beach, sun, swim & boating experience. Everyone should be so lucky to find a vacation spot & facility like this one. This hotel has easy access to restaurants, shopping, beach, boating & a hotel shuttle to all of the above places in case you just want to lay back and be driven around the Key.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple