“Always Love This Hotel”

Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Excellent Views when you Book Room on Pool Side of this Property. 5 minutes to Siesta Key. Rent a boat from Mr. CB's right down the road over bridge on the left. Publix is close by. Check out Anna's Sandwich Shop on the Key for lunch and Stonewoods is always great for Dinner. It is just a short walk from this Property. Been visiting this area for over 45 years and always love this Property! Great Breakfast is included and is really good. Check out the local restaurants on Siesta Key. If you can't find parking on Siesta Beach you can always head down to the South end of the Key to Turtle Beach. You can't go wrong when you book this location as it is a great value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank James S
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our property. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our location, the extensive breakfast and our proximity to Siesta Key and her many amenities. We hope to be able to continue to provide great customer service to you in the future and that we remain your property of choice when you return to Sarasota.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked this hotel after reading the many positive and surprisingly good reviews for a BW property. I would say that this is one of the Best BWs we have stayed at. We had a pool side room on the 3rd floor - I am sure if I were on the other side of the building I would not be as positive. The place was clean and in good shape. I have to call out the helpful staff who did tech support on their computers when I was trying to print out my airline bordering pass (though it appears their computers/printer need some upgrading). Best thing about this hotel is the location just over the causeway to Siesta Key. And the 2 free drink coupon at the poll bar was a nice perk in addition to the hot breakfast.

Room Tip: You want a room on the pool side of the building an at least one floor up.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fondue4two

Thank you for your recent review. We are proud to be one of the finer Best Western Plus hotel properties in the area and are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. Booking your hotel room directly through us entitles you to several advantages, including free drink coupons to be used at our new poolside bar, the Sand Dollar. We hope that you will return to our hotel property again in the future when Sarasota becomes your destination once again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Older hotel that has been renovated. Overall very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location to Siesta Key and resturants. Room was very clean. Pool looked adequate. Nice place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property. We appreciate that you mentioned our proximity to many things including Siesta Key and restaurants within walking distance. We are grateful for your comments and hope to be your property of choice when you come back to Sarasota again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was clean and front desk employees were very friendly. The only complaint is that the rooms are very small. The breakfast was more than adequate, and although we were given two free drinks at the pool at cocktail hour, I didn't have an opportunity to take advantage of this, so I cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I booked my room 2 months in advance, Non-smoking, King size bed and Pool side. I called the week before and was told every thing was confirmed upon my arrival I was given the TOTAL oppisite room!! My room was a smoking room, on oppisite side of the hotel. The room had such a BAD odor, I called the Manager who was very rude, would not help in any way. His concern was to book the hotel instead of helping me with my problem. I had to cancel and reserve another hotel. I WILL NEVER, EVER STAY IN A BEST WESTERN HOTEL AGAIN!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diana M
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I had the opportunity to research your reservation and unfortunately, you booked a room through a third party online travel agency that confirmed one of our smoking rooms and not a poolside room. We do not have any control over this type of reservation since it is not made through our hotel. Making reservations directly with the hotel of your choice gives you the flexibility to obtain confirmation directly from the hotel and not the third party.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Everything is updated, grounds have fresh plantings, good appearance in lobby and breakfast area is well arranged. A big plus and surprise, the welcome drink, the bar by the pool is like a little paradise. ,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel the end of October.
Check-in was easy and fast, and we had booked a 1 bedroom suite and got what we'd asked for.

The 1 bedroom suite was essentially an adjoining room, one with a king size bed, chair, bed, 42(?) inch TV and the room was a good size. On the other side was a pub style dining table, pull out queen size sofa, bathroom, we also had a fridge, microwave, blender, toaster oven and coffee maker which was a very pleasant surprise! We were able to heat up left overs and purchase a few groceries.

The hotel was walking distance to great restaurants, especially the sports bar across the parking lot! Great service with no need to drive!

The breakfast was a hot breakfast with lots of options, good coffee and you definitely never left hungry. I LOVED that they had fresh fruit salad! The breakfast at this hotel was much better than ones in the past. They also put cookies out in the afternoon and keep popcorn made in the lobby! A very nice touch!

The beach is less than a 2 minute drive away and we didn't have any problems finding parking. The beach is beautiful! Most people would think that it's inconvenient to not be walking distance to the beach but it wasn't at all. This hotel's service was so great that it trumps the fact that we weren't on the beach.

The POOL at this hotel was the best part! They recently opened a new bar right in the pool area! CHEAP drinks too! This was a huge bonus! We drank nice cold drinks by the pool and just charged it to our room. We didn't even need to take money (except for tipping). The bartender was great too! I'm disappointed that I can't remember her name. Blonde and I believe that she mentioned she has a 12 yr old (?) child. She was GREAT!
The pool was an excellent temperature, open late enough to make it convenient for people to use it, and it also had a hot tub which was great for sitting in at night! If you're Canadian like I am, you will also enjoy the HUNDREDS of lizzards that also sun themselves by the pool! They're so cute!

The wi-fi at the hotel was perfect. Everything worked great, was clean, staff were excellent. I would definitely recommend this and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The "Executive Suites" are excellent when traveling with kids. They are also the only room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Codester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
1 mi away
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway? Share your experiences!