“Don't expect a shuttle or a clean floor”

Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Shuttle service unreliable and hotel room clean other than the outer edges of the floors. Found a can of chewing tobacco on the floor an also spider eggs along the edge of the inside of the room on the floor. Thankfully, the beds were clean and the bathrooms were clean. Could use some updating of decor but nothing major. During a busy season this hotel is not prepared for a "full house" in accommodating their guests with their shuttle service and providing seating an enough help for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Angela D

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here with my kids & husband for the weekend? We chose this place because of its close location to the beach, yet it fell way below our expectations. The building is old and right next to it is a trailer parking area which was an eye sore. The first night we arrived we found hair in our pillows and mascara on the sheets! Explained to the front desk we needed clean pillow cases and sheets because ours were dirty and they were just like "ok", no apology, no concern. The next morning we found one of our towels was stained, luckily we found housekeeping on our floor and after arguing with us that she couldn't give us more than two towels (we were four), she obliged. The bathroom had mold growing on the walls and rust in the floor and the sink would clog up every time. We would spend the whole day out dreading the thought of returning to our dirty room, wondering whatever other disgusting stuff might have been concealed in it. Overall we will most definitely not be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank DeeTraveling_mom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is close to the beach and many restaruants, the free shuttle was great... Love the bartending staff out by the pool...Over all nice rooms, not fancy but good for the price. I highly recommend the sports bar Harry's in front of the hotel; Good food nice staff and good entertainment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great place to stay for the money. Clean and comfortable. Blankets on bed were less than adequate but everything else was wonderful. Right across from shopping center and grocery store. Very close to Siesta Key Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

love love this clean great hotel... pool and patio bar so nice. but very disappointed in siesta key, now thats just our personal feeling, but anyway the hotel was a great price, very close to the beaches if you like beaches like that..

would stay there in a heart beat..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank btaylorFla
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was a guest at this hotel and I brought my own down pillow from home. Unfortunately when I checked out, I left my pillow in the room. I realized my mistake when I got home the next day. I immediately called to inquire about it and I was transferred to the general managers voicemail. I left a voicemail and no one ever returned my call.

I called again today and was told that no such items where reported as found in their log book. So basically whom ever cleaned this room, is a THIEF. So I told the manager that I KNOW I left it in the room so obviously someone on their staff was enjoying my pillow as much as I did and she replied, "I guess so." I will definitely NOT being staying here ever again if this is the way that theft is handled at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Theft9014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our family and I stayed here for two nights. The rooms were very clean. The shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The beds were super comfortable.
The pool was clean and beautiful with a nice little tiki bar and towels were provided as well by the pool.
The breakfast was great. Delicious food and a wide variety too.
The location was perfect by being close to many shops and not very far from the beautiful Siesta Key beach. There was also a free shuttle that would take you to and from the beach, although we didn't use it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Comfort Suites Sarasota
Comfort Suites Sarasota
#2 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway? Share your experiences!