“Gorgeous views!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Gorgeous views!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The staff was friendly and efficient upon check in. The rooms were nicely updated. We had a two story suite on the top floor with a beautiful view of Sarasota Bay (the whole wall is two stories of glass). The suite had two VERY large bathrooms, one on the first floor and one on the second. If you have children it is wonderful because you can put them to bed and have the other floor all to yourselves. The pool is fabulous with it's zero entry, waterfalls and tiki bar. When booking, specify that you want to be away from the elevator as it is rather loud and can easily be heard through the wall.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Were you able to take advantage of the boats that we have recently added? The zero entry pool is commented on quite frequently regarding the easy for all ages but I'm glad your family had fun during your stay. We woudl love to have you back soon so please let me know the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Baltimore
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great staff and great catering. Although it was raining all the time I was there, the staff made me feel better and they checked up on me regularly and they made my stay as comfortable as can be. The pool looked so tropical-ish and inviting.

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of the bay. It was great and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We wish it could have been sunny out so you could have enjoyed more of Sarasota and relaxed by the pool though....Also, we appreciate you pointing out the fact that our staff cares. You cannot teach that so it speaks volumes about the people who make the difference in the lives of our guests.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights. I was most impressed on check in with Victoria who knew it was my wife's birthday during our stay - my email the previous week had obviously been noted. The room was on the 4th floor and whilst it was close to an elevator, the noise was minimal. Room was clean and of a good size although the bathroom was a little small. We had a balcony which overlooked the bay which was lovely. We had breakfast as part of our deal and it was excellent as were the servers who were great. Derek in particular was very helpful with suggestions for trips - thanks Derek, Anna Maria Island was fantastic. We self parked at the rear of the hotel where there was adequate parking - that saved us a small fortune in valet fees. On the second day of our trip, a bottle of champagne and chocolates appeared in our room for my wife courtesy of Victoria - fantastic customer service. The hotel is a short walk to the marina and downtown. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed Sarasota. We are also happy that our staff was able to exceed your expectations which added to your experience. Please think of us when you are planning a trip back to Sarasota.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I attended a conference and stayed here for 5 nights. All of the staff was great, friendly and helpful with any requests. The room was quite nice and well maintained. I can't give it five stars because of a couple minor dirty things (toilet stain, hair on tub). Great experience though. Within walking distance of downtown, a few restaurants, gas station, grocery store and the ocean views. I enjoyed it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank nbw791
Thank you for posting your review. I have shot this review to Housekeeping and we are looking into the toilet issue in your room. While I can appreciate why you didn't give us a perfect score, I would love for you to stay with us again so we can exceed your exceptations and truly earn a better rating. Enjoy your day and thank you for your business.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently organized a small (20 person) executive meeting at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota and had such a positive experience that I am compelled to comment. I organize and staff similar meetings 4-5 times per year at multiple hotel chains and independent properties in dozens of cities. I've never received more attentive, accommodating, service than I did from Minna, Stephany and the banquet staff at the Hyatt Sarasota. In fact, all the staff I interacted with during my 3 day stay were genuinely warm and hospitable.

The rooms are clean and updated, the decor is fresh, the pool is great... but I took time to recommend this hotel because of the great staff who went the extra mile to ensure my group of VIPs had a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian S
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad tha tyou enjoyed the conference. We were happy to have and would welcome you back at any time. Your review has been posted, much like many other reviews, and the staff has been commended on a job well done. Enjoy your day and happy planning!
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for two nights while attending a conference. The hotel is located on the bay just minutes from downtown. I arrived very early & my room was not available. Not a surprise but the front desk clerk made it sound like I did not have a room at all. I periodically checked to see if my room was ready because I was told around 9am. Every time I checked & encountered a different clerk the story changed. I was in my room by 1pm & very grateful for the early check in. My room was on the second floor with a view of the hotel entrance & the bay far to the left in the distance. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed, desk, mini frig, safe & sitting area. The bathroom was small & in need of repair. The toilet seat, robe hook & door handle were damaged. I also had an issue with the safe not opening. I was told they would fix immediately but hours later the desk clerk called & said they fixed it but did not. Minutes later a nice gentleman came up & opened it. My room key also kept deactivating. The hotel offers a nice pool area with waterfall & bar on the bay but the area is pretty congested with other buildings. I did not dine at any of the restaurants but the food at my conference was okay. The gym is open 24 hours & has cardio/weight training equipment. Upon checking out the clerk informed me a balance was due for the resort fee. Not unusual but when I checked in the clerk said everything was paid in full. Never any mention of a resort fee or the benefits of it. Apparently it included bottled water, wifi & other things I was paying for during my stay. I explained this to the clerk but he was disinterested. While waiting for my car in valet I spoke with a wonderful employee who immediately sympathized with me & credited my account. Most of the employees were outstanding. While the hotel is clean & in close distance to shopping & restaurants I would definitely choose to stay elsewhere when visiting Sarasota again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Debra C
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. it seems that while we exceeded some of your expectations, we failed in other areas. Your room should be in working order when you check in and if it is not, the problem should be fixed immedaitely, you shouldn't have to wait. The resort fee is something that you should have been notified at check in so you could take full advantage if you chose to do so. I'm glad that you are satisfied with the outcome and I wish you would give us another shot at your business the next time you are in town on business or pleasure as you have not experienced our true hospitality.
fort worth, texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We attended a wedding mid December and found the hotel to be service oriented. Check in was efficient and valet was helpful to get luggage to room. We self parked because it was covered and very close. Service by the pool for food /drinks was also prompt and attentive. We did not eat at the hotel for breakfast. Wedding reception was in the Pool house and perfect setting for our cousins celebration. We saw several brides and this seems to be a popular wedding venue.

Room Tip: self park - it is very close and covered
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mcsutton1
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our service met your expectations. Is there anything more that we could have done to exceed youd expectaions as that is what we aim to do with each of our guests. Thank you for your time and business and if you ever come back to Sarasota for work or pleasure, please think of us again.