I attended a conference (and stayed at this hotel) last year and decided to return again this year as well. First let me say the hotel is very convenient and the lobby is beautiful. Staff very friendly. Some rooms are on the pool/marina side (very picturesque) and some on the bay/street side (not so picturesque unless you are up on the higher floors). The rooms are ok. The bathrooms are very very small. It was actually difficult to be in the bathroom and shut the door behind me (toilet and shower are in the same space). I did book well in advance and hoped for one of the pool/marina side rooms. When I arrived I was booked into a room facing the street side (not the marina). Ok, nice room and maybe I'm a little picky, but I'm in Florida and I want to see the water.
I asked if I could switch to a marina side room because last year we had an awesome view and an even more awesome balcony for relaxing and cocktails. The very nice person at the reception desk was very accommodating and I was switched but did not have a balcony which was disappointing. It just wasn't the same. Just a window and no balcony left me feeling trapped from all the fun. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice place and
I do plan on attending the same conference next year but I'm a little reluctant to stay at the same hotel. I travel alot and I often wonder how the hotel staff assigns the "choice" rooms. Is there a secret algorithm they use?
There was no mention of an upgrade charge when I booked. I don't want to be pushy but what's the process of getting the awesome room?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Florida