I arrived at the Hyatt in Sarasota on March 11th 2014 with my wife, 4 year old daughter and 4 month old son to stay and visit some relatives for a couple nights. Upon arriving at the hotel we were treated, almost over treated by the bell staff who were very happy to assist us with just about everything. On our way to the lobby I was impressed by the decor and 2 wall waterfalls before entering. The front desk staff were very inviting and we had our rooms keys in know time at all. We had reserved a room with 2 double beds which were surprisingly very spacious, which we needed because of the baby. The room was standard with a fridge, that was a big plus for us! My only small complaint would be that the bathroom was very small, it was hard not to hit the door with your elbows when drying off from the shower. Other then that the beds, HDTV, Fridge and chairs were all great. At $250 a night it was not that bad of a price. Soon after getting settled we made our way to the pool area which was very nice and they also had a great little bar out there too. If you choose to stay here make sure you order the Miami Vice off the drink menu. The pool was just the right size and had umbrella tables and many reclining sun chairs surrounding it. At night they light up a good size fire pit and you are able to buy smore kits at the restaurant or just snuggle and enjoy the warmth. We were on vacation so I was a little disappointed that the outside bar closed so early, at dusk. It just would have made it easier to get a drink rather then going inside, up one level to the bar then back outside. The location of Hyatt is also great, it is close to shopping areas, restaurants and great sight seeing attractions. We only had dinner there one night and thought the food was good but nothing special. On our last day we went to the breakfast buffet before checking out. The buffet had a great variety choices which was okay for $20 a head. So to sum up the Hyatt, it is a very nice hotel for a family stay and what I could see for a business stay also. The hotel did not look run down, it was quite at night and all the staff were super friendly. If I am in the area again I will defiantly look into staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Florida