We just got back from a 5 day stay at Hyatt (4/10-4/14) and we absolutely loved it! From the lobby, to the rooms, to the pool, all were outstanding, clean, modern, updated and well appointed. I don't understand why prior reviews stated hallways were tired/outdated??? Not the case at all! Hotel staff all were very friendly and courteous. The rooms are quite spacious, however the only downside were the lack of drawer space for myself and 2 teenage boys. But we made do and used the closet shelf to place shorts/tee shirts, etc. Beds were very comfortable and the view was beautiful, overlooking the marina & pool. Although our room did not have the balcony, which was at a higher rate, the alcove had a lounge chair which made for nice place to relax and enjoy the view. The location was perfect, close to downtown, beach & St. Armand's Circle was a short shuttle ride away and fun place to spend the afternoon shopping, eating, etc. However if you missed the free shuttle, a cab ride was up to $13 for a mere 3 mile ride! Each time we took a cab, the driver quoted me a different price, which was annoying! It would be nice for hotel to consider adding more round trips to/from the circle each day.
Pool servers were always available to bring drinks if you needed and they even had servers offering free popsicles each afternoon to all ages, which my boys enjoyed!
Did not take advantage of the restaurant but did have drinks at Current's bar one evening. Each morning we walked to a local restaurant; Toasted Mango which was excellent and conveniently located right across the street. Great place to sit outside and have breakfast each day. Tip: go early or the wait can be up to 30 minutes, but worth the wait :)
We took advantage of the activities included in the resort fee, which were so worth it! The paddle boats were fun and especially the paddle boarding because we encountered a Manatee one of the days and it was such a treat, as it spent quite a while swimming under our boards and hanging out with the group that were lucky enough to have been in the bay at this time! Made for a great experience!
I would definitely recommend choosing Hyatt Regency if you are planning a trip to the Sarasota area. It was such a great place to stay! Trust me, I am a very picky when it comes to hotels and always expect my stays to be Ritz Carlton worthy and this place definitely is! It is a great place for the price (however I have corp rate so paid signifigantly less).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotelopia and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Florida