We stayed over a weekend and enjoyed every minute. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a balcony overlooking the Sarasota coastline with views of the Gulf. Several very positive factors: we parked for free in the nearby self-park lot (some spaces were covered!), the room was clean and comfortable, the service was attentive and our room had a wi-fi hotspot in it so that the free connection was instant and strong (why doesn't every hotel do this?).
We lounged by the pool extensively, enjoying the sun, the poolside service and the setting. The pool fronts on a small inlet from the Gulf; several times, manatees swan within easy viewing distance. The hotel charges a $15/day resort fee, which entitles you to free use of paddle boards, bikes and pedal style boats. We took the bikes out Sunday morning and rode south through Marina Jack park and some of the waterfront neighborhoods. (The bikes were easy to get and were in good shape.) We made it back to the hotel for a quick bite by the pool before checking out.
Tommy, one of the managers, helped with dinner reservations both nights. We ate at two wonderful restaurants nearby that cater mostly to locals, and they were fantastic.
All in all, a wonderful weekend retreat - which I highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hotelopia and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Florida