Excellent, firm Hyatt bed. I am going to buy this bed.
You can check in for your flight right in the hotel lobby! I love that (all) Hyatts offer this service. How convenient for travelers.
Housekeeping was polite and very friendly.
Front desk was very friendly, and they allowed me to check in very early and check out late. I had called a week early to request a room with a view and they accommodated me without me having to ask again when I checked in. It was a partial view, but a view, nonetheless.
On the day I checked out, there were two staff greeting guests at the front door (could these be the missing concierges? see Cons below). One of them was very helpful in giving me directions/maps and information about beaches, mail service, etc.
Standard rooms are a good size, bright and light. I worked in my room for a day and a half and never felt cramped.
Great Hyatt bathrooms ammenities. We were given the citrus and white ginger lines.
I am still unclear about the concierge services at this hotel. I called the concierge desk twice; after the phone rang for quite some time, it was finally picked up by the front desk staff. I am not sure if there is not a regular concierge or if he/she is only there during specific hours. I was never able to get a hold of him/her.
The staff, although friendly, are not familiar with some of the services offered on the hotel's Web site, such as the yoga program offered through the in-room televisions. I talked to two different front desk staff three different times but neither could help me figure out how to get this service. I was not able to get a hold of the concierge to get help with this.
There is no on-site spa at the hotel, although it is listed as one of the ammenities they provide. I believe they book appointments for you at a nearby spa. You can also have a massage therapist come to your room. While this is helpful, it is not the same as having a spa in the hotel. It seems more and more hotels are doing this now so they can add "spa" to their list of ammenities and get that 4-star rating.
The business center is really just a section in the corner of the lobby (separated by 3.5 walls). Prices are high for internet use and printing. Loud "lobby/elevator" music played constantly while I was there (for 3 hours).
The lobby is not as large and grand as it looks on the Hotel's Web site.
The pool is small and very popular. i.e., crowded.
Bathroom (toilet and shower room is separate from the sink) was small and felt cramped. If you have a thing about large, spacious bathrooms, you should look into a suite--they may offer more space.
No bars/hooks for towels. Fresh towels are placed folded on a shelf, which creates a problem for guests with damp/used towels.
My room was in the front of the hotel, above the entrance. I had my patio door open most of the day, and arriving/departing guests were very loud at times. This wasn't a problem with the door closed. If you want a quiet room, ask for something not over the entrance of the hotel.
Would these cons stop me from staying here again? No (unless I was hoping to have a spa getaway--then I'd go somewhere with an on-site spa). They are minor problems. Overall it was a pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a beautiful resort like setting with our own private marina on Sarasota Bay, Hyatt Regency Sarasota is 3 miles from the Sarasota/Bradenton airport and minutes from white sand beaches and the premier theaters, restaurants, museums and attractions of Florida's cultural coast. Hyatt Regency Sarasota's oasis of lush gardens, sparkling blue water and relaxed elegance combines with the year-round temperate climate of Sarasota Bay to set the ideal backdrop for a perfect meeting destination in a beautiful resort-like setting. Once inside the viibrant "new" rooms you'll discover why our unique blend of business and pleasure come together as you experience our elegant design theme enhanced views of Sarasota Bay and its natural beauty. The Hyatt Regency Sarasota has completed a 22 million dollar transformation where guests will enjoy newly appointed guestrooms, lobbys and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Sarasota
- Hyatt Regency Sarasota Florida