“Very nice”

Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Only stayed for 1 night. The pool was absolutely amazing - I don't know if I can stay at a hotel with a "normal" pool after this. It is a large salt-water pool with waterfalls. Beautiful pool area with nice chairs and delicious pool side food. Also a jacuzzi. The room was nice, with a view of the water. Parking on the street was convenient, easy and free. The staff was nice. Definately worth the price, although wifi was not free, which is slightly annoying. Not really within walking distance to much, but if you have a car downtown Sarasota is very close, as is St. Armand's and the beaches.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed here for one night during our Florida road trip and booked the hotel via Priceline. It looks pretty nice from the outside and also from the inside.

When we arrived there I had a terrible cold, but I had to do the talking because of my language knowlege. When I went to the front desk to check in, the guy there was not smiling or anything, he looked at me like I didn't belong here, quite arrogant. I showed him the reservation and he did the check in without any comment, not asking how the trip was or anything. I had the feeling that he was afraid of me due to my cold. He just handed us the room key and we left.

The room was really nice, we had a view of the pool and the marina, the room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. Also it was clean.

The location of the hotel could have been better, we always used our car to get to a restaurant. But okay, the room made up for that.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed here for a night on our way through the state. The hotel is what you would expect from a Hyatt Regency. There is no beach at the hotel, which is a bummer. But there are plenty of local ones you can drive to (I think they may have a shuttle). The pool looked very nice, but was super crowded. The room was nice, had a nice balcony that to the left offered the bay and to the right offered a town view. The negatives were that the bed was pretty stiff and the pillows were terrible. Sleep was a challenge. I don't think the AC got cool enough either. The shower was on the small side (I'm tall). One thing that disappointed me was that it got late and we were very hungry - room service was the usual overpriced fare. I went down to talk to the front desk to see if they had any take out menus. All of the ones they gave me were already closed. They should have been able to offer a place that was open, I didn't want to be forced into room service. The parking situation was fine (self park). If you find a good rate, this is a good place to stay. You can easily drive to everything nearby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeK413
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The hotel is modern and clean, with a cool South Florida feel. The pool is quite nice, although small for a hotel of its size.

The room was nice, but we had several issues with the front desk service- we asked repeatedly for a room service menu, and the person who checked us out was quite rude. However, we had a delightful dinner at the pool bar, and our server was terrific. Overall, it was a nice enough hotel, but the unresponsive and rude front desk service made us choose another hotel for our visit to Sarasota this year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IndieAtlantic
Reviewed 6 August 2010

we had a room on the 10th floor with a balcony overlooking the pool and Hyatt Marina. It was so peaceful. It was nice to open the sliding door and hear the music drifting up from below from the pool. The pool was simply beautiful. It was nice to hear the waterfall from our room. The room was cozy with a king size comfy bed. The staff gave us foam pillows that we asked for and made sure we had plenty of towels. I liked how the glasses and towels were displayed in the bathroom. I dind't get a picture but it was very clean and tasteful. We were shocked that they had big bottles of water with $5 marked on each one. We both agreed that Christy at the front desk was helpful with anything we asked for. She was pleasant whenever we talked with her. On our depature she asked if there was anything we needed like help with out luggage, transportation, etc.
Overall, our visit was really nice. With the hotel being located where it is, it is awesome! I hope to go back again someday.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

When not at the beach, we were enjoying the phenomenal experience poolside. Beautiful views, and very close to everything! Service was fabulous, and the conference center was excellent! I definitely recommend to others!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BrandiB5
Reviewed 3 August 2010

From the time I entered the hotel until the time I left I felt taken care of. It is clean, inviting, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and the rooms were lovely, spacious with nice views of the marina. To boot, the price was right!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo