“Wonderful Resort!”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was my first trip to Florida and I couldnt have asked for a more wonderful experience than the one I had staying at this resort! The staff was friendly, the grounds and beach were amazing and the rooms were very clean and spacious. The only complaint I have is that we called a couple weeks before to check on our reservations and were told we had an ocean view room and when we checked in our room was on the 2nd floor and our view was of the hotel next to us. This was remedied the next day though as soon as a room higher up on the tower opened up and the view was amazing! Also loved that there are two separate pools, one for families and one for adults only. We will definitely be visiting again next summer and we cant wait!

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower and make sure to get a room higher up so you have a great ocean view and not a vie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Savannah C
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and all of the pictures you have shared! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and will return again. We certainly look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very nice hotel in a great location, friendly staff, good gym, 2 table tennis tables, stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed everyday. Had great trips to Anna Marie Island and Siesta Key. First time here but will come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jochenq
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your review and your extended stay with us! I am very happy you enjoyed your time at the Lido Beach Resort and plan on returning!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was at least our 5th stay (probably more) at this location. I've read other reviews concerning the difference between the four-storing main building and the tower. We've only ever stayed in the tower portion, an ocean front Jr. Suite, so I can't speak for the other building. The tower portion is nice, maybe slightly dated, but still very much worth the cost.

The Ocean Front Jr suite has a nice kitchen area which can save you money by fixing your own breakfast and lunch. We prefer the upper floors, mainly because there are some palm trees that may obstruct your view from the balcony. Rarely do you have to wait very long for the elevator and we NEVER had to worry about finding a seat around the pool. There were more than enough lounges for everyone.

The beach is fairly nice. This trip seemed to have more seagrass washing ashore than usual and the beach has eroded slightly since our last visit - which was last June during tropical storm Debby. The staff does a great job however, with keeping the beach as clean as possible .

We love this location and will continue to stay at the Lido Beach Resort when returning!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy Z

Thank for your kind words and continued patronage of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy you enjoy the hotel and keep coming back. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed a long weekend. Easy check in nice people at the desk and a beautiful room overlooking the ocean and beach. We ate at the Lido Beach Grille, good food but not a large choice of entrees. Also ate at the cafe, good food and good service
We totally enjoyed our stay at Lido Beach Resort. Easy to find, about twenty minutes from airport and parked in the parking garage. Reasonably priced and plenty of room on the beach or pool. Susan at the desk was very, very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Additionally, thank you for recognizing Susan, one of our many spectacular employees. She will be thrilled you mentioned her. We look forward to your next stay with us, hopefully, very soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just back from our second stay at LBR. In 2011 we had a room in the tower. This time we stayed in the four-story main building. The main building is definitely showing its age. From other reviews we noted that management is promising a much-needed update. The location right on the Gulf (steps from the beach) and within easy walking distance of St. Armand's Circle is the major attraction. We had a pleasant stay, but it was mostly due to our own efforts at housekeeping--not what you want to be doing on vacation. The maid service could only be described as erratic. Some days a housekeeper appeared late in the afternoon and handed us a pile of fresh towels and two bottles of water. I think a couple days no one showed up at all. Other concerns: missing light bulb, flooded parking lot, elevator malfunction, bag of trash next to the trash can, bottom of the ice machine looked quite dirty. Also, at the pool we were allotted only one beach towel per person. Why so stingy with towels? Anyway, we will think long and hard about whether we wish to give this place another try. Maybe after it is renovated . . .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank firstharp

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and your repeated patronage. I am very sorry for the issues you cited. Although the hotel is working towards a renovation, this should no way affect the service you receive. Again, I apologize and will certainly use your comments to work with the staff to improve our service levels. I hope you will consider us again in the future if your plans bring you to the Sarasota area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Be warned, this place is the equivalent of an upgraded Motel 6 on the beach. The only reason I give this place two stars is because the service was good. Everyone was very nice. I've traveled around the world and this is no resort. Not even close. Our room was a dump. Filthy dirty carpets, broken tiles, overly perfumed room, small pool, over priced drinks, etc. There aren't any activities that I could find that would justify a 'resort fee.' On the bright side, breakfast was good (at their restaurant). the location is pretty good (but there are much nicer beaches if you are willing to drive 5-10 minutes to Siesta Key). If you want to collect shells, this is one of the best places around. I'm not sure what others might expect in a place that calls itself a resort, but there is no way this could be in that category. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again if they offered me free nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tampa_Dude2
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel is working on plans to address many of the items you mentioned in the near future. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future to earn your business.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The beach here is beautiful. The grounds are well kept with nice pools & tiki bar. But in the many years we have been going to this resort the rooms have not been updated & were not clean. After showering - that had mold on it- there was a terrible ammonia type odor. I think it was from the water. The walls are paper thin & one could hear adjoining rooms & the A/C unit was terribly noisy but it did cool well. The food we had was good as were the drinks. The two best things are the beach & the free shuttle to St Armand's circle. There was food on the floor of the closet when we arrived & when we left. There is your sign.
Overall, I would think twice about recommending this resort due to the condition of the rooms. Everything else was well done. I believe we will look elsewhere for our next Sarasota visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Floridahomebody
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for providing some feedback from your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading your review. This is not typical of the hotel. I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail so I may address the issues with my team and hopefully, convince you to give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
#4 of 50 in Sarasota
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!