“Location, Location, Location”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 6 nights in the end of March. We had a great time. I agree with some of the other reviews that the place needs updating. We were in the Tower on the 2nd floor. We had a beautiful view of the Gulf and the sunsets. The person taking care of our room did an excellent job of keeping our room clean. The shower door had some rust at the bottom of the rail, but the bathroom was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach and the pool area were well taken care of. Having Armand Circle within walking distance was a nice plus. They did offer a shuttle, but we preferred to walk. I also agree that it is overpriced, but they do have a choice location. It wouldn't be so bad if the additional $25 resort fee was included.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the Tower building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph T
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your six nights at the hotel. I certainly appreciate your feedback and will use it to better our facility!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed two nights in this "luxury" resort. The bathroom (60's style) had a shredded bathroom door, mildew. The wall style air conditioner was ridiculously loud. The room was in sad need of a total redo. We opted for this resort over the Ritz Carlton. What a mistake!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, I would ask the front desk for a recently renovated room if there any.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MTD860
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are working towards a full room renovation in the very near future. I hope you will return after our room renovation as I am sure you will be very pleased!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girlfriend and I had a great week stay at LBR. The room was on the 10th floor of the tower with a beautiful gulf view. Our room was very clean and was cared for each and every day. They do leave you the (2) bottles of water and a few other amenities each day which you are charged for ($25/day) which I knew upfront so if your surprised by it than it's your own dumb fault for not reading the information given to you. The shuttle service was awesome to St Armands. The tiki bar was fun and the 8th Floor bar were great, Dave, Nick and Woody are great bartenders and very easy to converse with. Thanks for the fun nights. Overall I highly recommend this place and we will certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean S

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am so pleased you had a great vacation. Additionally, thank you for recognizing a few of our many outstanding associates. I am sure they will be thrilled you made mention of them!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Been before and had a wonderful experience however on arrival found our 2 bed suite had a window leak in 1 room, 2 dead birds in the cupboard on the balcony and the sofa bed had no mattress or bedding (6 people booked into a 2 bed suite that sleeps 8!). After phoning front desk the maintenance guy was great and sorted it all out swiftly.
Our only other issue was the pool bar was slightly less accomodating than expected - packing up by 19:50 (sunset only just over) and only serving a limited expensive menu (and staff clearly discussing tips in front of customers) .
Other than those things the room size, pool and location were excellent and we would still consider it future holidays.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SarahC5854JW
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and your return to the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry the issues you cited were not addressed prior to your arrival. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure we continue to improve. I look forward to your next visit being a perfect one!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My boyfriend and I returned to Lido Beach Resort for the second year in a row. We fell in love with this place last year and were thrilled to return. LBR does not disappoint. The customer service is excellent. Ryan and Tiffanie are really great employees and it was evident they take pride in providing top flight service to all guests. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Boston02150

Thank you so much for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing two of our many outstanding employees. I am very pleased you returned again and certainly look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed in Sarasota for some wonderful nights at this resort. The beach was crowded but beautiful. The property was will kept and the plantings were charming. A remodeled beach bar by a tropical pool area was very nice. The other bar on the eighth floor had a great view down the beach with a pretty interior and a nice atmosphere.. Our room was a suite on the twelfth floor beach side . Stunning views and sunsets. The hotel staff were attentive and helpful. We were only a short walking trip to St. Armands circle, a tourist mecca, with lots of upscale shopping dining and fun. Sarasota is a wonderful place to visit with museums, opera, art galleries, and botanical gardens. The Gulf waters and Sarasota bay frame this lovely resort. I recommend this spot in Paradise. Put it on your must do list.

Room Tip: You will want to stay in the tower with a beach view. You can read the "Pelican" news pa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OMANFL
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly agree with your many comments of the hotel, beach, and the Sarasota area. So many things to do! We certainly look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

First of all, it was $340 a night. And then at 12:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off and then we were told there's no fire. The food wasn't good either. We were also supposed to get a corner room and we didn't.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Pooppower

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your stay was just "ok". The Lido Beach Resort takes great pride in the level of service we provide our guests. I would be more than happy to personally book your next reservation to ensure you receive the room you are looking for. I am hopeful you will reach out to me and can make your next stay a better one.