Lido Beach Resort
US$117
US$156
US$114
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$148
US$144
Orbitz.com
1,633 results
All reviewslido beachnewer towerarmand's circlefamily pooljunior suiteadult poololder buildingfree shuttlemain buildingpool areaocean frontgreat beachparking garagefloor restaurantsmall kitchenshuttle servicebeach view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently took my daughter, sister in law, and our mothers for Mother's Day weekend. Booked the 14th floor 2bed / 2bath suite. Upon check in, the bellman helped us get all of our food and bags up to the room...and it was A LOT!

Staff was friendly and courteous. I had a few special requests that were addressed with a smile. I wanted to make sure it was extra special for our mothers, so I think I became a little bit of a pain with the special requests, but the staff seemed to handle everything with grace and ease.

I want to relay how clean the suite and grounds were. I had read some negative reviews so I was determined to keep my eyes open...my usual 5-star destinations (which will remain unnamed for this review) may have been more richly decorated...but the Lido Beach Resort was just as cleanly if only stark.

As with all of my other reviews, I usually try to make some sort of suggestions. My only suggestion for the Lido Beach Resort would be to make sure that housekeeping please keep in mind the number of guests in a room. We had five people in our suite, but received two packets of morning coffee, and two very tiny sets of bath amenities. The second day, we did not receive any extra bath amenities. I can say that upon request, they rushed more to our room, but each day we had to make a request for more, which was ok...but could have been avoided.

One final note...the front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us at the last minute. On the last night of our stay, we received quite the large display of several vases of flowers. Not knowing how to transport them when we left, the front desk boxed all of them up for us, and held them until we could load them into the car the next day. An efficient and friendly staff goes a long way with me!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor of the tower...it was beautiful and clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lilmsctfsh
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and it sounds like a very memorable Mother's Day weekend. I appreciate your observations and suggestions and will certainly share them with our housekeeping department. Thank you again for your review and your business!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! My husband and I have been coming here annually in the spring for 5 years now. Lido Beach has 2 buildings, the taller one has better views but the but some of the corner units in the shorter building have panoramic views of the water! There are things that need repair but nothing major. There are not a lot of accommodations on this stretch of the beach and here you are right on it! This resort has an adult only pool which is great for sunbathers who want quiet and don't want to get wet. They have servers who will bring you drinks and lunch right to your chair as well as a Tiki bar with tables. They have the best breakfast I have found anywhere in the gulf beach area, the french toast with fruit is great but they changed it this year, not as good (also not included in price, which is normal for beachfront resorts). Lido Beach is also within walking distance to St Armands Circle which has lots of shops, ice cream, art galleries, and sculptures. Also a short drive over the bridge is Marina Jack, great area to walk and have lunch at the Tiki restaurant. If you are working with a tight budget check out St Pete's beach a little south of this, many more options and activities but I love this resort!

Room Tip: Ask for top floors for better views. Taller building is a little newer feeling but all gulf view rooms have great views.
1  Thank Tina F

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and your continued patronage over the years! I am sure people will appreciate your many comments about the area as well. Thank you again for your review, it is very much appreciated!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent staff - friendly, accommodating! Amazing breakfast! Great view from bedroom & oceanfront balcony. Room was clean, well equipped. Adult only pool with pool-side bar. Room service - fast & delicious. Close to tons of area activities. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IkeVause
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we definitely look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 6 nights in the end of March. We had a great time. I agree with some of the other reviews that the place needs updating. We were in the Tower on the 2nd floor. We had a beautiful view of the Gulf and the sunsets. The person taking care of our room did an excellent job of keeping our room clean. The shower door had some rust at the bottom of the rail, but the bathroom was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach and the pool area were well taken care of. Having Armand Circle within walking distance was a nice plus. They did offer a shuttle, but we preferred to walk. I also agree that it is overpriced, but they do have a choice location. It wouldn't be so bad if the additional $25 resort fee was included.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the Tower building.
5  Thank Joseph T
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your six nights at the hotel. I certainly appreciate your feedback and will use it to better our facility!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed two nights in this "luxury" resort. The bathroom (60's style) had a shredded bathroom door, mildew. The wall style air conditioner was ridiculously loud. The room was in sad need of a total redo. We opted for this resort over the Ritz Carlton. What a mistake!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, I would ask the front desk for a recently renovated room if there any.
7  Thank MTD860
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are working towards a full room renovation in the very near future. I hope you will return after our room renovation as I am sure you will be very pleased!