I was so disappointed with the Lido Beach Resort that I have joined this forum specifically to let everybody know about my families stay at this hotel. I have never done this before.
Our experience (for a 4* hotel) was poor from the moment that we pulled up. There was nobody to help with our luggage and despite it being 3.30 the room was not ready. Both C & M on reception were unfriendly and unhelpful. Questions about the wait time for a room were met with a shrug of the shoulders and a "it will be ready when it's ready" attitude. We had to keep checking back in with reception to see if our room was finally ready. Dire customer service.
The room was an average size. With the exception of a new LCD TV the room was tired and in need of modernisation. The kitchenette was bizarely stocked 2 cups, 7 glasses, 5 salad plates...you probably get the picture! The coffee pot did not fit the machine! Come on guys this is basic attention to detail!
The landing was littered with cigarette ends. For heavens sake exercise a smoking policy throughout the hotel.
Being a family we had to use the dirty family pool. The water was cloudy and the efforts of an employee with a net was never going to sort out the problem. The pool area was full... but not of kids. It was packed with a large group of good humoured but very drunk and noisey adults...in excess of 20. Cocktails and beer were being consumed at pace in the pool itself. We were very unhappy with this as the staff seemed quite content for this to continue. I was not expecting at Frat Party atmosphere when booking.
Lastly will somebody clean the pond that runs between the two buildings. The dark green swamp water is punctuated half dead plants and the occasional piece of trash. How anything lives in this is a miracle... more of a science project than a water feature.
I notice the hotel has not bothered to answer recent comments and I am expecting the same arrogant shrug of the shoulders to this report. Would I recommend this hotel.. NO especially not at $225per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota, Florida