“Simply Relaxing”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida
“Simply Relaxing”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My family and I just returned from a 2 week stay at the Lido Beach Resort. We were unhappy we had to leave. We have stayed at the Lido Beach for the last several years and look forward every year to our next stay. The resort is in an excellent location and within a short walk to St. Armands Circle - an area of Sarasota filled with excellent restuarants, clothing, and specialty shops.
The Tiki Bar Staff, Laura, Ed, Clark, Walter, Dennis & Stewart are just such a pleasure to be around every day. They went out of their way to make sure that we were well taken care of during our entire stay.
I also cannot say enough about the view of the hotel. We have stayed in all of the different type rooms and suites at one time or another but have settled on the two bedroom suite that we call home while we are there. Adele in housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping our room clean and stocked with towels.
The views from every room in the resort are spectacular. From the suites looking out over the Gulf to the suites looking out at the Intercoastal waterway and downtown Sarasota and even those rooms looking out over the pond and gardens. The sunsets from the Lido Beach Grille on the 8th floor are something to experience as well.
Tim H - Hotel Manager...you run a great ship. Keep it up. "Get Fox News" though.
Thanks everyone. It was a pleasure being with at Lido Beach! Our next stay can't come soon enough.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2009
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Lido Beach Resort. It was a pleasure reading about how so many of the staff made an impact on your stay. I will be sure to share your review with all of them. Additionally, you will be pleased to learn, the hotel will be changing the television offerings very soon to include Fox News. We look forward to your stay next year. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Scotland
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My family and I have just returned from our 6th. stay at this resort. We were checked in by Maria who was absolutely charming AND efficient. Our room was beautifully prepared and was serviced to a very high standard daily. We stayed for 13 wonderful nights and the maid quickly adapted to OUR timing and was able to visit every day when we were out.
We also dealt with Kristy and Tim Hunter in reception to ask about local events and directions etc. and they could not have been more polite and obliging. ALL staff members that we encountered were always courteous and polite which greatly enhances the relaxed and friendly atmosphere of the resort.
Staying for a longer period, one recognises the established pattern. The resort, beach and pool areas are busy on the weekend and are more quiet and relaxed through the week. A special event mid July attracted an unusually large crowd which coincides with recent complaints regarding the pool etc. This is most definately not normal but for so many people to have such fun it's surely worth sharing. It was only one day.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service to St. Armands Circle for fine food and wine and the shops and choice of three ice cream shops make a perfect end to a perfect day.
Lovely sandy beach on which to toast by day and then paddle in the warm water to watch magnificent sun sets.
Would highly recommend this resort and if you go next July I'll see you all there !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased to hear how you continue to enjoy the Lido Beach Resort time after time. We look forward to your return again in the near future!
London
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I was so disappointed with the Lido Beach Resort that I have joined this forum specifically to let everybody know about my families stay at this hotel. I have never done this before.

Our experience (for a 4* hotel) was poor from the moment that we pulled up. There was nobody to help with our luggage and despite it being 3.30 the room was not ready. Both C & M on reception were unfriendly and unhelpful. Questions about the wait time for a room were met with a shrug of the shoulders and a "it will be ready when it's ready" attitude. We had to keep checking back in with reception to see if our room was finally ready. Dire customer service.

The room was an average size. With the exception of a new LCD TV the room was tired and in need of modernisation. The kitchenette was bizarely stocked 2 cups, 7 glasses, 5 salad plates...you probably get the picture! The coffee pot did not fit the machine! Come on guys this is basic attention to detail!

The landing was littered with cigarette ends. For heavens sake exercise a smoking policy throughout the hotel.

Being a family we had to use the dirty family pool. The water was cloudy and the efforts of an employee with a net was never going to sort out the problem. The pool area was full... but not of kids. It was packed with a large group of good humoured but very drunk and noisey adults...in excess of 20. Cocktails and beer were being consumed at pace in the pool itself. We were very unhappy with this as the staff seemed quite content for this to continue. I was not expecting at Frat Party atmosphere when booking.

Lastly will somebody clean the pond that runs between the two buildings. The dark green swamp water is punctuated half dead plants and the occasional piece of trash. How anything lives in this is a miracle... more of a science project than a water feature.

I notice the hotel has not bothered to answer recent comments and I am expecting the same arrogant shrug of the shoulders to this report. Would I recommend this hotel.. NO especially not at $225per night.

1 Thank retreatman
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading your comments. I am very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would be more than happy to discuss all of your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated.
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We have just returned from Florida to which we spen a couple of days in the Lido Beach Resort the location and the rooms are lovely our only problem to which we raised with the frontdesk on checking out was the blocked toilet and a underlying smell in the bathroom.The rooms generally were imaculate and the staff were very pleaseant.
We paid for an upgrade which was worth the views overlooking the Gulf.
We will definetly revisit on our return next year.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return in the future.
lakeland, fl
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This was a nice resort but the hallways needed to be vacummed and the pool was so dirty that I couldn't enjoy it. That was the one real down fall for this resort the very dirty kids pool. The adult only pool was clean but the kids pool was so bad. They came and tried to clean it with the net didn't help. It is real to bad I would have gone back next year but the pool has turned me off.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay. I can assure you, your comments have been addressed. I am hopeful you will afford us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Very clean and comfortable suite. Wonderful Gulf view from the balcony. It was extremely hot when we were there, so we didn't take advantage of the pool or beach. The pool area was busy with families having a great time with their kids who didn't mind the 100+ heat index.
The Lido Beach Grille on the 8th floor was fantastic. We had breakfast and two dinners there. I had to have the Macadamia Nut Grouper both nights.
Staff was very friendly. We will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and review. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we look forward to your return in the future!
chicago
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Unfortunately, from the minute members of our VERY group checked in, we heard comments about the rude front desk. Being the people who picked this hotel for the over 25 families, we did not want to hear this and hoped it was not true. IT WAS!! They could not have been any more rude and un-feeling to my sick wife, if they tried. Working at the O'Hare Hyatt, for years in management, the front desk manager would not have lastest a day. When he left, the woman who checked my wife out, continued the rudeness. It was not a busy time at the front desk and even it if were being in the "hospitality" business should mean something, but no your people were just plain rude. Completely understanding you could not accommodate our needs, there was abolutely no reason to be so inconsiderate of a very sick woman in tears at your front desk. Honestly, thinking about it now - there truly is no excuse for this. Any attempt at an explaination will be a sad excuse and any apology will be just un-felt. (Wish we had these employee names)
And for the amazing veiws others are writing on this, beware - you will be charged the same price for the lower floors where you unfortunately cannot see. if you do still stay here, do your homework about the prices, there are lower rates on the internet than we given, get a room high up in the south tower (much more $$$), but nicer than others rooms and be prepared the unpleasant, rude front desk. Hopefully they will print this review and it will help someone!!

• Stayed July 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am quite stunned and very sorry to hear you say our staff was rude to you, your wife, and your group. I would be more than happy to discuss your situation personally in an effort to ensure this type of event does not happen again. I am hopeful you will afford me the opportunity to make things right. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your comments and I apologize for any inconvenience the hotel may have caused.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 48 in Sarasota

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!