“Fantastic wedding at Lido Beach Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
toledo
“Fantastic wedding at Lido Beach Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

To Whom it May Concern,

My wife and I would like to thank you for the incredible time we spent at Lido Beach Resort for our daughter's wedding! My daughter, Christy, decided to have her wedding on the beach at your resort on August 9th. We had over 30 family members and freinds stay at your facility. Everyone had a fantastic time! The rooms were beautiful, confortable, and roomy. The facilities were great! There was plenty of space available for people to hang out, with the two pools, the large pool deck area, the large patio area, and the space on the 8th floor, outside the restaurant. Groups were able to mingle, swim in the pools, play volleyball, play cards, or swim in the ocean. With a beautiful golf course near by, and St. Armand's Circle within walking distance, everyone had plenty of things to do.

We had the reception in your restaurant. The food was fantastic. Joan and the wait staff were exceptional.

We can't imagine a place that would have been better for a wedding!

Thank you so much for everything!

Jeff & Cindy Kinkead

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
Thank you so much for the glowing review of your recent wedding and stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am so pleased to hear how everyone enjoyed their time. I will certainly have Joan check out your review as well. She will be thrilled. Thank you again for your review. We truly appreciat the time and effort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Arlington, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

My husband and I were married on the beach at the Lido Beach Resort.

*We have a quite a large family and the hotel did an excellent job of making sure that all requests and concerns were addressed immediately. We had several family members that needed to make last minute changes and the Lido Beach staff made all the accommodations.

*As a bride trying to plan a destination wedding, you can imagine how stressful it can be! Lauren Thompson was incredible and so helpful. She would return my phone calls almost immediately and she never made me feel like I was a nuisance, no matter the question or concern. Lauren and her staff were wonderful!

*The food was AMAZING! We also had a farewell brunch the day after the wedding, and it was absolutely delicious! Everyone was raving about the food and the service! My guests never had to ask more than once for anything!

*The rooms were clean, as was the property. The tiki bar staff were all wonderful in accommodating my guests! They were all very nice and welcoming!

Although we had some issues with the wedding reception, (staff began clearing tables prior to ending time, bar was not stiocked well and were not accommodating to guests, there was no one to assist parents & bridal party regarding their seats after their initial introduction into reception, etc...), overall it was beautiful and I would reccommend any bride & groom to this resort.

During the wedding planning, we visited Lido Beach quite a few times. The staff were wonderful and accommodating at all times!

• Stayed March 2009
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Congratulations on your marriage! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your wedding at the Lido Beach Resort. Lauren will be thrilled you mentioned her. I will be sure to share your review with Lauren. I apologize for the negative items you mentioned. I will certainly investigate what happened there to insure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your review. It is very much appreciated!
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

We returned one year later for another chill in the sun. We’d saved our pennies and stayed for four nights this time …. with sterling dropped from the $2 to the pound last year it was a tad expensive but good value. Wonderful room (9010) 1 bed, 2 bath suite and balcony with views over gulf & sunset.Lounge view AND bedroom view were over gulf and north lido beach. Clean, cool, spacious in an airy Floridean style, with ample space.
Our stay was wonderful. I was a little wary after earlier comments on TA, but Kona in reservations set the scene at booking by being very helpful. The pools were clean (see photo of cleaning) as was the hotel. No problems with staff attitude. In fact reception sorted my only issue out quickly without fuss.
The beach replenishment was worth the effort. The beach was at least 100 yards wider than last year in front of the hotel and the exposed rocks on one of the photos had been totally covered by fresh sand. There was some work going on renewing balconies on the adjacent condominium, but this was only during the day, was quiet and never affected us. Weekends are busier, with shortage of loungers by midday, but beach boys were great in locating some for us.
Standards had not declined. Downstairs Café Lido was casual eating with helpful & friendly staff. We ate there on 3 nights. Their apple cobbler is genuinely deserving of an award.
Economies were in place but these were sensible or small scale. No more bottled water or popcorn top ups in the rooms. Pool towels were allocated and left in room and were no longer available from the pool hut. Not sure if shuttle to St Armand’s Circle was still available.
Can it be improved? As always yes if the will is there. Have an electric kettle available from reception for Brits. We need our tea and microwaving the water was hit & miss for a few goes until we got the timing right. And add those low friction slidy tips to chair legs. This would lose the scraping sounds from the floor above dragging chairs across the tiled floor.
Will we be back? Definitely.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2009
Thank you for your detailed review and for returning to the Lido Beach Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback and comments. We are always looking for ways to improve our level of service. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

I never write reviews, but I had to make an exception. Mainly because I'm hoping the hotel will not change. We took a chance and booked a room just based on what we saw in the internet. It was better than expected. The room and hotel were clean, the service great, and the accomodations (room, pool, proximity to beach, and food) were wonderful. We now plan to make this a yearly trip. My whole family was pleased and it was the perfect mini vacation for all of us. We really do hope they never change!! See you next year ... or sooner!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2009
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed your stay. I cannot promise things won't change here at the resort as we continually strive to improve on the facility and service we provide our guests. We look forward to your continued patronage in the future and feedback on any changes we do make. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

We stayed @ this hotel on the recommendation of friends. So glad that we did. The staff were wonderful. We were made to feel special. The hotel was VERY well kept. Everything imaginable was available. We were not only allowed to check in early but we were upgraded to a beautiful room & view of the Gulf. There is also a shuttle service available to take to the St. Armand's shopping district.
Thank you again for a great get away. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pepper2020
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2009
Thank for your glowing review of the Lido Beach Resort. Please thank your friends on my behalf as well for making the recommendation. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return in the future. I look forward to your return soon. Thank you again for your comments, they are very much appreciated!
Ithaca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

I stayed here July 22 and 23 2009, midweek, in a 12th floor tower "junior suite" for $207.00 per night which included a nice breakfast at the 8th floor restaurant each day. I was very pleased with my experience; however there are a couple of variables that may influence one's stay here.

First, there are two types of accommodations. The 66 unit beachfront tower is mostly the junior suites - a big room with a full kitchen, a gulf front balcony, and a big bathroom. It was nicely decorated and the king bed very comfortable. Behind the tower is a seven story parking garage, very convenient.
The other building is a four story motel, perpendicular to the gulf. The south units face the tower, the gulf front units are right above a pool, and the north units face the public beach. For two people, the tower room was terrific, and we didn't even use the kitchen.

Second, the adjacent public beach, which has a pool, is certainly heavily used in the winter. Unless the Resort (really, a hotel) were to assign staff to check for room keys, anyone can come in off the beach to use the two pools, chaises and umbrella tables. This was not in issue in July, although I'm pretty certain a couple I chatted with at the pool were crashers. There was no pool staff, just at the tiki bar.

The hotel may have been understaffed - although we saw food delivered to people poolside, the remains were not removed in the hours we spent at the pool. Our room was very clean, but trash that kids (presumably) dropped on premises wasn't picked up until next day. Typically only one staff member was at the front desk and she also had to answer phones. The service at the restaurant was excellent and all the staff I met were pleasant.

The location is great, direct gulf front, no road crossing. You can walk to St. Armand Circle or use the hotel's free shuttle. It's a wonderful beach, pretty empty in July as most of the neighboring condos are shuttered. It takes just a couple hours to walk completely around Lido Key. A nice thing to do is drive or bike (if there are bikes) to the nearby Mote Aquarium and take their boatride with a naturalist around Sarasota Bay ($26) then have a meal at the Salty Dog across from Mote; excellent seafood. Or for a fancier place, the Charthouse.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2009
Thank you for your very detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. I greatly appreciate the feedback. The hotel continually strives to exceed our guest expecations and improve our service levels. Your review along with the many others we receive will allow us to do just that. Thank you again for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

I travel across Florida on business via car. I pulled out my AAA tour guide for hotels in Sarasota. I saw the location and wanted to call. I spoke with the GM-Tim on the phone and of course asked for rates. I could not believe my ears when he told me the Florida Resident rate. I couldn't get there quick enough. When I arrived, I didn't think there was any way possible the rate was so great. The lobby was sparkling clean, staff was super friendly and then my room. I opened the doors to paradise. It was so open and clean and fresh. The bathroom was stunning. My view was unbelievable. There was even big fluffy beach towels to use, for free! I ordered room service for breakfast and it was amazing! It was very sad to leave but yet bittersweet in the fact I knew I'd return. Going back next weekend!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I will be sure to let Tim know you mentioned him. He will certainly be thrilled. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be back soon. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#3 of 49 in Sarasota
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!