“Hotel Hell Lots of problems”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 28 November 2007

I booked two rooms last week at the Quality Inn Sarasota Airport. They had spent a lot of money fixing these rooms up, but there were still many problems. We were suppose to stay longer than one night, but we had to leave after one night. One room the door was really hard to lock. The bathtub drain did not work so we couldn't use the shower. TV was snowy. Other room drain leaked on sink. Shower curtain full of hair. Refrigerator did not work.
Breakfast was good. Air conditioning was great. Pool was very nice, and the Staff was very nice. We felt unsafe in our rooms. Police showed up at hotel next door. Hotel front door was kept locked at 4 PM when we arrived and had a protective glass window. I felt like I was at a bank. Guess they have had too many robberies. Rate was only $55 which should have told me to beware of this property. We would never stay at this hotel again. I hope they improve things. We would have asked to be moved to two different rooms, but we just wanted to get out of there. 2 on a scale of ten.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank gnerg

Reviewed 14 November 2007

This motel was OK, but not as nice as other Quality Inns I've been in. The outdoor heated pool was fine, but the spa was very underheated. It had wifi, micro/frig, and breakfast of cereal, bagels, and make-your-own waffles with coffee and juice. The location is great, very close to the Ringling Estate and Asolo Theatre.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank antq
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We won this hotel on Priceline for $65 a night. After reading the reviews, I was very concerned about the quality of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very professional and polite. We were arrived earlier than our check-in time, but they happily accommodated us. Our room was very neat and clean. It appears that the room recently underwent a renovation so we had nice fixtures, new furniture and new linens. The bathrooms were small and old, but it seems that they are in the process of re-doing them as well. Our light in the bathroom did go out while we were there. We reported it and it was fixed in reasonable amount of time. The breakfast bar was a real trip. It is extremely well organized and the breakfast room is very clean.

This is not a 5-star hotel and it is not advertised as such. It's a budget hotel and for the money, we were extremely impressed. We'd certainly come back and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magnificat2005
Reviewed 22 February 2007

I book this room from the Choice Hotels site, then a few days later read the reviews at Trip Advisor and at another site.. I called the property and asked about the rooms and was assurred I would be satisfied.. I arrived Sunday afternoon, Feb.18th, 2007 and found the room to be OK, clean and good firm bed..
We stayed in room 209

The cover over the bathtub handle was gone, and it was very
dirty, the walls are thin, lots of noise next door to us, the
breakfast was fair, and for the price I was pleased.. I might stay here again, but would look the room over upon arrival. It was a good location for our needs. No Coke-Colas, just Pepsi...

Jack & Judy

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brojrs
Reviewed 1 October 2006

A coworker and I checked in the first night. The door keys would'nt work. Had to go back to the office and get 2 more. The night clerk said the system told him the battery was low. He transfered us to the 2nd flor from the first floor. The door to the room was dented. The door for the bathroom was mis-aligned. The door had to be slamed to close completely. The cove molding behind the entainment center was loose and was laying on the carpet. The shower was great. The Televison had 20 channels no local channel. The TNN was out so really only had 19. Woke up Monday and found insect crawling around the sink.
The real problem didn't come to a head(no pun intended) till Wendesday. Woke up with a quarter size bump on my left buttock. By Friday the bump had grown to the size of a fruit jar. Started running a low grade fever Friday. Late Friday night the fever was up to 102.8. Went to the Doctor and was told I have a Staph infection. Now I have to wait and see if the medication the doctor ordered for me works. She said give it 24-48 hours. The Meds should kick in but in case I might have to go the the Emergency Room and get IV antibotics.

• Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank cyimbrk
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I booked this room with priceline for under $60 a night. I then read the reviews and was scared to go there. However it was not that bad. The bathrooms were the smallest I have ever seen and smelled of mold. The airconditioning was a little loud because it was NOT central air but it sure worked, I had the room nice and cold. The bed was great but they do need to get new pillows. The best part was the swimming pool. It was real warm like a hot tub and very clean. That was good because the pool was hotter then the hot tub which was not working. Overall for under $60, it was an allright hotel. I only heard one airplane from the airport. I would stay there again.

Ben from Kissimmee, FL

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 March 2006

From the wet towel on a chair when we checked in to the pubic hairs on the sheets when we turned down the bed, this is the worst hotel I've stayed in. Asked for a new room because other motels were full. It was late at night and the new room looked fairly clean. My husband was sound asleep when I found a dirty residue on the towel I left on the counter. I bought Lysol and sprayed everything! The next morning I showed management the dirty washcloths and was told to leave. They did offer us a free night in the future. Like we'd ever stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2006