“Below average for a Quality Inn”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Poor, or sometimes no wi-fi service. Older TV with limited selection. Room has been maintained by someone who really needs a level... All the towel racks, and clothes hanger are mounted at around a 10 degree angle, otherwise room and beds were ok.

Pool area had no towels, most loungers were broken, and the water had lots of debris and leaves.

Evening staff very slow to answer phone so I finally had to go to the front desk. He was hiding in an office with the door closed. There are plenty of low end motels in this area to choose from.

"free" hot breakfast was closed at 9 am, too early for me on vacation.

Building, parking lot and landscaping was good and clean.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor rooms so save dragging my stuff up and down stairs. Rooms near the laundry ar...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Fhhzv,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your stay. Since your last visit with our hotel we have updated many of our features, including installation of new flat screen TVs with more channel options, new pool furniture and a new WiFi provider.

I have spoken with our maintenance staff as well as all of our front desk agents regarding your comments from your stay. Our maintenance staff has been properly trained in correcting previous maintenance mistakes and our front desk agents are to be at the desk ready to assist our guests at all times.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sarasota.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed in this motel one night in January and found it suitable. The room was clean, and the Wi-Fi worked. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but the occupied a corner of the room that could have held an easy chair. The beds were comfortable.

The room was clean and its only blemish was the fact the the mirror over the vanity needed to be re-silvered, as one side of it was not in the best shape. I guess motels cannot afford to do too much maintenance while the country is in the throes of the Obama recession.

The room in which the free breakfast was available was roomy and nice. Sadly, the quality of the breakfast offerings failed to live up to the room, so we made a run to the Golden Arches instead.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john439
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear John439,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at our Quality Inn. Your
feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use
this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable
experience for each of our guests. Since your stay we have updated our
rooms, including the mirrors.

I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations regarding our
breakfast service.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely
appreciate it and hope you will see us again during your next visit to
Sarasota.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

After the rally and I was very tired did not want to jump on my bike and ride north because it was supposed to rain, it did not. Stayed at the quality and it was an OK stay. The rooms were OK. the breakfast was only fair, they had egg somethings like a pancake. The location was great for me. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Videocreator,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com. I am glad to hear that our
staff was pleasant and we were a good location for your visit.

I am very sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectation regarding
our the features our hotel has to offer. Since your stay, we have updated
our rooms so that hopefully next time you come to visit, your stay will be
much better than 'OK'.

Please feel free to call us or stop by on your next ride through town. We
look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I've stayed at this motel many times in the past on my visits to Saraota, because I have always received comfortable, clean accommodations at a very reasonable price. I just completed my most recent stay, after not having stayed here for a few months, and was somewhat disappointed compared to previous stays. No, this is not a bad place to stay. But it wasn't up to the same standard as it previously had been.

I arrived quite late - around 2:00am - with a reservation and, according to the desk clerk, had been pre-assigned a specific room. But when I tried my electronic key in the lock, the door wouldn't open. Turns out that the room was occupied by another guest, even though the hotel's computer system had shown the room to be vacant, according to the clerk who checked me in. The occupant of the room called the front desk to report an intruder, and the clerk explained what had happened. Fortunately, there was no harm done, but under different circumstances and with different people, things could have turned out a lot different - and dangerous, especially at that hour.

I was quickly reassigned a different, upgraded room that had a small kitchenette. The lighting in the kitchenette area didn't come on when the switch was flipped ... until about 15 minutes later, when the lights suddenly lit.

The bed was comfortable and the room was generally clean, but was at least one large ant crawling around in the tub. I plucked it out and eveything else was fine.

This is an older hotel - reminiscent of 60's/70's design that has been repainted and upgraded, and other than the things I noted about the room, the room was in decent shape. Bedding was clean and in good repair; bed was comfortable; room was quiet. I did sleep well.

My main concern was the price. For a number of years, the rates seemed to be kept at a certain level, but it seems in recent months that this hotel, the Comfort Inn next door, and the other Quality Inn (up the road a couple of miles) have all increased their rates by what appears to be 20-25%. At the old rates (mid $40 with discounts), this property was a good deal. With total rate + tax around $65, with an association discount, its only an average deal at best. The Knights Inn, nearby, is a very nice alternative and, I believe, its rates are now lower than this Quality Inn. While I wouldn't rule out this Quality Inn as a choice, I'd also check the Knights Inn as a comfortable alternative if price is an issue.

I would stay here again, as my previous experiences have all been good, and the problems I mentioned here may have simply been one-off incidents. But rather than being an excellent choice, I consider it now no better than "average" at its current price point.

Various discounts are available at the brand website, and the Choice Hotels family, of which Quality Inn is a brand, often run aggressive promotions that are worth checking in to.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank step12dude
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Step12dude

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel.

Unfortunately, as you noted, the price increases have been across the board in the hotel industry over the past few years. Though we do believe that given the choice, we are a great place to stay and the best value for the money.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience and make the next visit, even better than the last.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

If you need a Choice hotel near the airport go to Sleep Inn on University.
We stayed here on the weekend and were awakened all night long by noise.
shady characters sitting on car/truck hoods, hanging off balconies till early am.Lots of dogs on all floors. Have only been afraid once before in a "hotel". Scared to step outside here. Changed rooms upon arrival only to have same problem on other side of hotel. Call security? He would have to evict half the people. Laundry facilities broken. No
Sunday newspaper. Outside corridors filthy -overflowing- trash & needs powerwashing.Breakfast scanty. At least the Days Inn next door has iron gates. Nice housekeepers but not enough to do the job. Sunny Inc spend some money on this hotel or Choice should kick u out.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Gourmetfair

Dear Gourmetfair

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Since your stay with us, we have updated many of our hotel features and regulations. We are no longer pet friendly and have been extra vigilant to ensure that nobody is in the hotel or hotel parking lot that should not be here. We are a very safe hotel, with someone on staff 24-hours a day. Our laundry machines have all been replaced and are in perfect working order.

We have properly re-trained all of our housekeeping staff, maintenance and breakfast attendants to guarantee that they are providing the best service possible.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please feel free to call us anytime to discuss making a reservation so we can better accommodate you.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I had read reviews prior to my stay and to be honest, wasn`t expecting much. However, having by this stage stayed in various Florida motels of mostly poor standards, I found this one to actually be quite good. Staff were chatty and welcoming. Room was very clean - a rarity in Florida motels, and the breakfast was easily the best `motel` one I had during my trip. Pool was clean too and very welcome in the 90 degree heat. No sign of the `ladies of the night` referred to in previous reviews - no matter how hard I looked ;-) Great base for the `Ringling Museum` and reasonably short driving distance to Siesta Key Beach - the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life - I`m 50 and a travel agent. All in all a good accommodation choice if travelling on the Tamiami Trail through Sarasota.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ColinKilkeel

Dear, ColinKilkeel

We very much appreciate your kind words, it’s great to hear when someone enjoys our hotel as you have. We are very proud to be so closely located to both the Ringling Museum and the beautiful beaches that Sarasota has to offer and I’m so glad to hear you got to enjoy them both!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again next time you find yourself in the Sarasota area.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

When we get there room look like it was meddile of controccion and smell a cigar. We have go to front desk and they change room for us this want was better but no frige. But good break fast and good location.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Jsnow06,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our rooms and breakfast service. Since your last stay, we have upgraded our rooms so that now every room has a refrigerator and microwave.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the initial introduction to our hotel through a less than adequate room, though I am very happy to hear that was easily remedied. We have spoken with our housekeepers to ensure that they are properly trained to prevent something like that from happening to anyone else.