“allright for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I booked this room with priceline for under $60 a night. I then read the reviews and was scared to go there. However it was not that bad. The bathrooms were the smallest I have ever seen and smelled of mold. The airconditioning was a little loud because it was NOT central air but it sure worked, I had the room nice and cold. The bed was great but they do need to get new pillows. The best part was the swimming pool. It was real warm like a hot tub and very clean. That was good because the pool was hotter then the hot tub which was not working. Overall for under $60, it was an allright hotel. I only heard one airplane from the airport. I would stay there again.

Ben from Kissimmee, FL

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 March 2006

From the wet towel on a chair when we checked in to the pubic hairs on the sheets when we turned down the bed, this is the worst hotel I've stayed in. Asked for a new room because other motels were full. It was late at night and the new room looked fairly clean. My husband was sound asleep when I found a dirty residue on the towel I left on the counter. I bought Lysol and sprayed everything! The next morning I showed management the dirty washcloths and was told to leave. They did offer us a free night in the future. Like we'd ever stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2006

This hotel would probably rate right up there with the houses that were ruined by huricane Katrina. We arrived around midnight and desperate to find a place to sleep after finding several motels already full. The clerk said he gave us a cut-rate deal ($70.00) because of the lateness of our arrival. Filthy would be a nice way of describing this place. Most of the wallpaper was falling off the walls with mold behind it. I answered a satisfaction survey that they emailed to me. In response to the survey, I received a letter that said I would receive a 35% discount upon my next visit at the same hotel. Who in there right mind would stay there again!

3  Thank V9804KXsusanb
Reviewed 7 April 2005

The hotel was terrible, the linens were dirty, the room was so dirty, lock on door did not work. People kept knocking at are door all night. We felt so unsafe we slept with the table and chairs and our luggage in front of the door. Overall, this is the worst hotel I have stayed in and wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

5  Thank Butch14
UK
Reviewed 13 March 2005

Haved just returned after staying at this motel. Very basic, unfortunately this motel was not in the best area. Some of the guests it attracts are by far not the nicest. First impression was that this was a drop in for ladies of the night with their guests. I have to say the room was in desperate need of decoration and a good clean. carpet was dirty and you are unable to walk barefoot. The sockets did not have any covers so you could see the electrical wiring, not very safe concious if you had children. The matress was urine stained but dry.
On the plus side the towels were clean and changed daily, toiletteries were also provided.
OK accomodation if your desperate!

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando
Reviewed 17 January 2005

This was by far the worst hotel Ive ever been at. This hotel must be 50 yrs old. The carpet is about 20 years old, cant walk barefoot in the room cuz the carpet is dirty. Dead bugs in the bathroom. Awoke to live ants attacking my toothpaste on the counter. If you dont have the AC running room will have fowl odor. As this hotel also has kitchen units there appeared to be a family LIVING in the room next to me. Not the best area of town. AC cover was damaged, apparent water damage on walls.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 29 April 2003

I hated our one night here. The carpet was so dirty that we had to wear our shoes all the time or our feet would get dirty. My toddler son had filthy hands, knees and feet within a few minutes just from crawling on the carpet . The bathroom did not look as clean as it could have been. The food at the complimentary breakfast buffet did not seem fresh, though I may have been jaded at that point from spending the night in a dirty room. Would have refused the room/motel outright but our two small kids were exhausted from traveling and we did not realize the carpet was as filthy as it was until we were settling in for the night.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member