“Location, Location, Location!!”

Ocala
“Location, Location, Location!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Location, location, location!

If you are planning a Florida vacation, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn @ Lido Beach. I'll start of by saying this place is not a resort. If that's what you are looking for, keep looking. It is relatively basic hotel with some minor condition issue common with a beach hotel. Being a Holiday Inn, it is dependably clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. The staff was pleasant and professional. Paul at the front desk gave us dead-on dinner recommendations. What made this hotel a great choice is its location. It is on one of the prettiest beaches I've seen in Florida. There was a ton of wildlife. We watched dolphins from the shore and sting rays race in between swimmers. The water was clear and clean looking. Just beautiful! The hotel is also within easy walking distance of a pretty boutique shopping district. Lots of great dinning options, and every meal we had there was delicious! It was great to enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about parking or driving home. The hotel was decent, but we will come back for the location. A microwave and fridge in the room would have been great, as eating out every meal is expensive and not particularly healthy. The hotel dinning area looked only so-so and we went elsewhere. Spring a few extra dollars for an ocean side balcony. The view was amazing!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Cackleberry-Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Have stayed here on numerous occasions. Great location, Fantastic view, Good Value. Certainly not spanking new. However, I just attempted to reserve a room for another three day stay and one PAUL answered the phone. When asked a few questions his responses never exceeded two words. Some examples were "I do...I am.....I see. He was never engaging and actually quite rude. While the view and location compensate for the age and old decor, I cannot condone VERY POOR customer service. Will not return!

Room Tip: Rooms with water view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
We regret that you did not receive the level of personal service we are known for. We certainly do apologize
Miami Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My partner and I arrived with a bit of trepidation, after having read
some reviews complaining of mold in rooms.
At checkin, the very pleasant clerk addressed our concern and
offered to put us in one of the hotel's newly renovated rooms.
Our room was ocean front, very clean, but on the small side,
which is the only reason I'm not giving the property 5 stars.
All staff were very friendly and efficient. The location of the
property is excellent, easily walkable to the shops and restau-
rants of St. Armands Circle and across the street from a very
beautiful, white-sand beach.
We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying for an ocean-front room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MiamiBeachFrank
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you! We are working to update all of our guest rooms, and do hope you choose to stay with us again.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We picked this hotel because of the location, which is the best thing about this hotel. The room and hallways smelled bad. The king bed wobbled if your partner moved. The in-room fan/air conditioner was noisy, and it ran the entire weekend . I had to put it at 69/70 and it might have cooled to about 78 at night. The ceiling in the shower had an area that was recently fixed very poorly. It looked like someone slapped some kind of plaster over a bad area. It was easy to see the bathroom was updated at one point and the pipes coming out of the walls were rusty and moldy.

Room Tip: We were in room 501.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drlouise-florida
Thank you for your comments. Our corner rooms are designed to comfortable suit single or double occupancy, and we do offer other room layouts as well. One of the benefits of being on the corner is that you get great views of both the city and the gulf. We are working now to update our guest rooms, and know that you will see a difference should you choose our lovely location again.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was a very nice hotel, easy walk to St. Armands Key. Absolutely Beautiful View. My room was small. The price was right so maybe I shouldn't complain. But first, NO ATM? I really would have appreciated a small fridge in my room. The staff was excellent all the way around. With the exception of the Breakfast buffet (which was average) the food was absolutely terrible. I would go elsewhere for ALL OF YOUR MEALS. There are GREAT restaurants in this area so don't waste your money here. I was at a banquet here, and not one thing on my plate was edible. SERIOUSLY. I had lunch at the grill, Just AWFUL- I am not kidding, world's worst sandwich (the waitress threw a pack of chips in front of me). I hate to tell this to the manager, but I stopped about 20 people from having lunch there, because the food was SOOOOOO BAD.
I also was talking to the host of our Banquet event, and she said the chef was angry at her because some extra people showed up. Now what is that about???? Slight overages are to be expected. In the end, there were no extras and it was fine, but the food was just inedible-except the dessert, and the salad.
ON THE GOOD SIDE: The bed was nice, CLEAN, HBO. and with the exception of the waitress in the grill, the SERVICE staff was great!!!!! Fantastic view on the Gulf side. Pay the extra money for it.
but the pillows were really small???? and my head kept falling off of them at night. No guide for the TV. but from my bed, the toilet looked nasty around the rim. eeeeekkkkk.
Also, the security guy was sitting around every time I saw him. Lazy if you ask me. When I was at the desk, they took a call asking about parking lot security and I had to laugh because the guard was eating a sandwich and nowhere near the parking lot. So don't keep anything valuable in the car. That was a joke.
But don't let that stop you. It's a Holiday Inn, not the Hyatt. I think I would stay again, just not eat here, and bring CASH!!!!!!!, empty the car, and maybe my own pillow. Good thing I live nearby.

Room Tip: get the gulf view for the extra money. empty your car. don't eat here. no atm.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sokemike
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We thank you for your very honest comments regarding your stay with our property. We regret that you did not find our food offerings up to par, and we are always working to improve. Thank you for recognizing the talents of our service staff - and know that we are working to make our hotel something special -
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My wife and I took a day with our baby away from our Orlando vacation to come out to the gulf. We saw good reviews of this hotel so we booked through Expedia. Unfortunately, when we arrived we were not happy with the quality or cleanliness of the hotel. It started in the parking lot when it looked as if no one cleaned it for a long time. Next was the elevator that was dirty. Last was the room, the room looked like it was a party room and smelled of it too. The baby's crib was rickety and not safe enough for our 5 month old. We ended getting a refund and did not stay over night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank dhock
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for your honest review of your July 2013 visit to our hotel. We are dissapointed that you did not get a better impression of us, as we work hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable for all our guests. Be assured that we value safety, and our equipment is regularly inspected. We are making improvements to our facility at this time, and encourage you to contact the hotel directly regarding updates.
Kind regards -
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I did not stay at this hotel, and would never stay here. My sister did stay here, and while visiting her, the room and hallways smelled like mold and mildew. The stench was so bad in the hallway we had to wait outside for her. The top floor view (where we had our prom in 1977) was still the best view in Sarasota, but the moldy smell almost permeated up there.

Trip advisor: you probably wont publish this because I did not stay here, but I do have first-hand knowledge of the moldy musty smells, so hopefully you will.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank craiggerry
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are in process now of updating our hotel, including the banquet and dining areas on the 7th floor. We have a lot of work to do, and will do our best to make a better impression for all of our guests.
Kind regards -
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 49 in Sarasota

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach? Share your experiences!