“Great location great view very peaceful”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
“Great location great view very peaceful”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

If you like peace and tranquility as well as location location location then I would recommend this place.
in addition you can walk to the center of town and do not have to move the car!
Nice breakfast at the top of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Great! Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
tampa
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is totally inflexible - our tournament cancelled but we are here now because they won't let us out of reservation. No refund, no transfer to another holiday inn, no transfer to later date. We are stuck here in off season beach hotel spending money for no reason, do you think we love this hotel? Never staying at a holiday inn again or booking.com. Both have lost my business.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TampaChka
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
If you are here and are unhappy, we do encourage speaking to the General Manager about your very specific situation. We want nothing more than for everyone to enjoy their stay with us.
Medford, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I just came back from a week stay here. We stayed on the 5th floor with a view of Lido beach!! just wonderful. In the morning, from our balcony, I would see dolphins! I loved watching the sunset into the Gulf every evening! What a pleasure to just walk across the street to the beach!! The place is being renovated but it wasn't noisy at all. Our first night there we had dinner at the 7th floor restaurant. My fish was delicious and had a great presentation. We had dinner after the sun had set, so i do feel that this room lacked atmosphere without the view. We enjoyed breakfast every morning there! We also had some lunches downstairs or by the pool bar.Debbie was awesome!!! We also found that the staff was sooo helpful and always nice. Our room had a safe and a refrigerator. Our hallway had a musty smell but the room was fine. For me that is very important as I am allergic to mold. I felt fine!!And like others have mentioned, just a short walk to St. Armand's circle!!! We totally loved our visit and plan to go back!!! And thank you to the very accomodating staff!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the beach!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much. We all work hard to get it right for our guests -
And will make sure Debbie knows how much she was appreciated by you!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would have given this establishment 3 stars, excellent location, but needs updating. I stayed here Oct 18/19 and unfortunately left my very expensive memory foam pillow behind. When I was en route back to Miami I called them and was assured they had the pillow and it would be sent to me ASAP. I offered to send a UPS call tag, but was told it was not necessary, shipping it would be charged to my CC on file. !0 days later, no pillow. Called them again. I was told it had been returned to them because they had shipped it to the wrong address. I asked what address and the response was my close neighbor's house number. I thought that was odd, because we had just dined with these people, and see them every day, and they certainly would have accepted the package. Once again, the manager promised to mail it out the next day. 2 weeks LATER, you guessed it. No pillow. Normally, I would just chalk this up to "Oh, well, my bad. I am out $125". But being told twice they had it and were sending it to me, that is bad form and unprofessional. And I do tip housekeeping handsomely wherever I go.
For positives, as I said, location is superb, loved the views. Desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating (except with pillow follow up!). It is probably a good value because of that, but rooms and facility are just fair.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
We regret that your lost items were not returned to you promptly -
Please do contact our General Manager directly and we will work together to resolve.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2013

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel I was a little hesitant to make a reservation. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and its staff. Yes, it is a little older and could use some updating, but it is not a bad place to stay. My room was a little small, but it came with a comfortable bed and flat screen television. The top floor of the hotel is a restaurant with a great view of the Gulf. In the morning I went across the street and walked on the beach. In the evening I walked about 5-10 minutes to St. Armand's. All of the staff at the hotel were friendly. Downtown Sarasota is only a short drive away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
We really appreicate your wonderful feedback. We are working hard to improve our hotel condition - so that it is as wonderful as our staff and our location.
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The only positives are that the staff is very nice and the wifi is free and it works.
The list of negatives is much longer. The place smells musty and the air unit in the room is really bad. My room smelled bad like sulfur. It looks like a place from the 70s that hasn't had any update except flat screen TVs. The door that would adjoin rooms is so thin that I could hear everything from the next room. Also, even though it's a non-smoking floor other guests can smoke on the balcony so you can't leave your door open.
I think it isn't a good place even for a Holiday Inn. Honestly, if you can put up with the place just because you have a Gulf view then you can try it.

Room Tip: You need to get a Gulf View or it's not worth the stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We appreciate that you liked our staff and location. Renovations have started and we are working to remedy the "dated" condition of our property. Stay tuned for updates!
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a suite on the top floor overlooking the Gulf to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful views! We enjoyed our time. Would have given higher rating but found an unpleasant stain on the comforter, and hairs on the bathroom counter that were never cleaned even after the next day when housekeeping came in, which for me wouldn't have been much of a big deal if I hadn't paid the $$ I did for the suite. Also directly above the bed there appeared what looked like a massive water leak stain that wasn't the best thing to see as soon as you wake up. I know that they are in the process of a building makeover so I'm of course confident and excited to see what the finished product is going to look like. The main floor restrooms were already renovated and were beautifully modernised, which gets me excited to see the finished result! Overall, employees were all very very nice, perfect location from the beach and walking distance from St. Armands Circle, we will most definitely be going back in the future!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words for our friendly team and great location. Work is underway to improve guest rooms, and we know you will see a big difference on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
#3 of 49 in Sarasota
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sarasota

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach? Share your experiences!