Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lido Islander(Sarasota)
  • Pool
Resort at Longboat Key Club(Longboat Key)
  • Restaurant
1,110 results
All reviewstop floorlido beacharmand's circlegulf viewrooftop restaurantshort walk to stwalking distancerestaurants and shopsbeach chairsfantastic locationst armandgulf of mexicodirectly across the streetocean frontpool bargreat beachlongboat key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife reviewed this place and gave it an "excellent". Thus, the disagreement within this family. I'm being benevolent giving this place three stars.

In summary:

Pros:

Location
Friendly and accommodating staff

Cons:

Housekeeping is awful. You need new supervision and, or, employees in this department. For example, area behind sink faucet had built up crud, hairs (not our own, believe me) found around the bathroom, bathroom door had old fingerprints on it, bathroom walls were obviously dirty. (An occasional total washdown of the bathroom would be helpful.) Visible corners and edges of the room floor had accumulated dust and dirt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill B
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Sorry to be the source of disagreement with you and your wife. We are working hard to improve our hotel in all areas, and certainly recognize that cleanliness is among those. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Kind Regards -

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here. Yes, the hotel is older and needs some freshening. But, it's clean, everything works, the food is good and the staff very friendly and helpful. We arrived early and the staff shifted housekeeping around Su we could check in before noon. A first for me at any hotel. The accommodations are fine. You are paying for the location.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeevyet
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

We really appreciate your praise! Our staff and location are very special. We are working on our "look" and getting that to be something special as well.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We just returned home after a 5 night stay here. We were very happy with our choice of hotel. Our room was a gulf view room (definitely recommend you pay the extra for this fantastic view) and it was remodeled and good sized. The bathroom could have been a bit bigger but it was adequate. We especially enjoyed eating breakfast at their top floor restaurant with delicious food, wonderful staff and great views. Being able to walk to St. Armand Circle for dinner and shopping was a bonus! But, the major bonus to us was the gorgeous sunset views. We will definitely return and highly recommend this hotel with a very friendly staff and those great views!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Longlkburd
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing such kind words about your vacation experience at our hotel! We are working hard to make it better - and we really appreciate knowing that we get it right for our guests.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked in here for two nights after our inn down the road proved to be a dump so we didn't know what to expect. It is a bit shabby, and in need of modernisation but the staff were very friendly,our room was large, comfortable and everything worked. The breakfast was well cooked and tasty with a great view over the ocean so what's not to like. Hope this hotel is refurbished and long may it continue.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank gingerpip

We are working hard to improve our property - and make it the special place many guests will love. Thank you for the kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I usually don't write another review after I have written one in the past but I thought it was necessary after reading some of the negative reviews. I was just there for a Sunday thru Wednesday for both business and a little get-a-away time. When I arrived on Sunday it was before check-in time and my room was not ready. The front desk called house keeping and asked them to do my room next. They stored my luggage and I went out to the pool bar to enjoy the sunshine and wait for my room. After a short wait my room was ready. When I entered my room the first thing I noticed was how clean it smelled. After some of the reviews I read, the first thing I checked was the bathroom and it was clean and fresh. The remainder of my stay was uneventful. I enjoyed the breakfast on the top floor each morning overlooking the Gulf, the pool in the afternoon after coming back from meetings, and the short walk to St Armand's Circle in the evening to eat and browse the shops. I have stayed at the resort down the street and truthfully for $200.00 a night less I will take some of the imperfections at this hotels. When I return for business I have no concerns about staying at this hotel again either for business or a weekend get away.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a Gulf view so you can watch the sunset in the evenings.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing all our good with the public! We look forward to seeing you again soon.