While the location of the hotel is great, (across the street from Lido beach and within walking distance from St. Armand's Circle), the hotel itself is in poor condition.
The check in was easy, (I used my Priority Club points for a quick family get-away), and was given a "deluxe room" with a city view. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that their definition of "deluxe" simply meant that the room had a mini-fridge. Not a big deal, but then my wife discovered several pubic hairs throughout the bathroom. In the hotel's defense, I didn't contact the front office about the cleanliness, (when just ended a long drive and just wanted to rest).
That night we learned the the bedding was cheap and felt as if it had been washed in salt water.
We tried to make the best of it, but the next time we are in the Lido area - we are definitely going with another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a barrier island, off the coast of Sarasota, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach is just steps from the powder white sand of Lido Beach and only two blocks from over 140 upscale restaurants, shops and galleries on St. Armands Circle. Featuring a sophisticated, yet 'Florida Casual' decor, The Holiday Inn Lido Beach combines the relaxed atmosphere of a beach resort with the amenities and services of a full service hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Lido Beach
- Sarasota Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach Florida