Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
US$80
US$70
US$63
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$133
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$184
US$170
US$160
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$783
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
1,119 results
All reviewstop floorlido beacharmand's circlegulf viewrooftop restaurantshort walk to stwalking distancerestaurants and shopsbeach chairsfantastic locationst armandgulf of mexicodirectly across the streetocean frontpool bargreat beachlongboat key
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Check in time was 3pm. Arrived to the hotel at 3:20pm. the structure is dated and was under construction. We accepted the look and the construction, but when we arrived to the room we found dust on the valance and walls that was an inch thick. Called front desk to request another room, however was told nothing available. Housekeeper arrived and blamed the houseman for not cleaning the room properly. We left the room and arrived back at 10pm to find that the room cleanliness issues were not addressed. We found mold on ceiling, kleenex and more dust behind the night stand. Spoke to the front desk again and all we got was "Do you just want to checkout" We left a quickly as we could and got checked in at the Hotel Indigo 2 miles from the beach. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE OR MANAGER ON STAFF TO HELP.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
HILidoBeachGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2009

We regret to learn that your experience with our hotel was unpleasant. Let us assure you that yours is not the usual for our property, and we have much higher standards for cleanliness and service than those you experienced. Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 June 2009

Great things: The Holiday Inn Lido Beach is across the street from direct beach access at Lido Beach. It was great to get up in the morning and be able to go straight to the beach. Fantastic sunsets. Great shells, warm water, white sand, nice breeze and not that crowded. You can walk to St. Armand's circle. The staff is friendly. You can order drinks and food poolside. All of the rooms seem to have balconies. 7th floor restaurant has a breathtaking, panoramic view of Lido Key. Easy parking.

Ok things: the hotel is older, but refurbished. No little conveniences like a hair drier, fridge and microwave in the room. No video games for kids. I don't think I had movie channels, but I didn’t spend much time watching TV! Pool is small, but ok. No hot tub.

Things I didn't like: It's great that kids eat free in the restaurant upstairs, but don't drink the OJ during breakfast unless you are ready to pay $2.50 per 4 oz glass. I guess I was a little irritated by this because I didn't order the juice. It was already at my table when I sat down. The service was very slow on Sunday morning and I felt like I was being pushed out for the Sunday brunch crowd (which starts at 11:30 and is a lot more money). Also- don't count on walking down to a grocery store or fast food place to save a few bucks on going out to eat - you have to drive about 8 miles inland for that! Courtesy internet access in the lobby is very slow.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
HILidoBeachGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2009

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. We definately have a location that can not be beat! We continue to work to improve all offerings within our guest rooms and restaurants, and thank you for your comments on these as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2009

I was a bit worried about the hotel having read some negative reviews. We were here with several other members of our family and used 3 rooms. Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was really helpful. I loved the restaraunt and the servers there! We were able to set up an impromptu party of 15 with no notice and everyone enjoyed their food and service. Walking to St. Armands and to the Gulf was great and there were also great walks to the park and to the bridge. I would have loved to have had an upper floor--the lower floors city side have very little in the way of a view. The views from the upper floors are quite spectacular.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
HILidoBeachGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2009

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff - We are always happy to learn that guests are enjoying what we have to offer!

Reviewed 14 June 2009

While the location of the hotel is great, (across the street from Lido beach and within walking distance from St. Armand's Circle), the hotel itself is in poor condition.
The check in was easy, (I used my Priority Club points for a quick family get-away), and was given a "deluxe room" with a city view. I was a bit disappointed when I saw that their definition of "deluxe" simply meant that the room had a mini-fridge. Not a big deal, but then my wife discovered several pubic hairs throughout the bathroom. In the hotel's defense, I didn't contact the front office about the cleanliness, (when just ended a long drive and just wanted to rest).
That night we learned the the bedding was cheap and felt as if it had been washed in salt water.
We tried to make the best of it, but the next time we are in the Lido area - we are definitely going with another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
HILidoBeachGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Thank you for your comments. I regret to learn that your room had cleanliness issues. Let us assure you that is not our standard or expectation. We are in process now of updating the property, including replacing all beds. We are working to make the most of our location and earn your business in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for two nights for my husbands 30th, I emailed the manager and asked for a room on a high floor and for a fridge to be in our room. The check-in was fine, and the room was on a high floor but no fridge so I rang reception and a fridge was brought up straight away. I asked at reception for two champagne glasses and she was very helpful and wished my husband a happy birthday and gave two small bottles of champagne someone had given to her, this was a nice touch. The room was slightly dated and the bathroom was tiny, the balcony needs some TCL as does the outside of the hotel it's ugly, the location and the views of the beach were fantastic, pay the extra for a sea view room. I really hope the holiday inn completes a face lift of this hotel this was not a cheap hotel to stay in but looks very cheap. It is only a five minute walk around the corner to Armands Circle, where you will find some lovely restaurants and try the ice cream at kilwin's it was so good. On our first day we went to sit by the pool, we were told my a women at the gate to the pool entrance there was filming going on and could we please keep this in mind and stay at one end of the pool! We found two chairs and sure enough filming was taken place in the one and only pool and all you could hear was the directer "the Dude" telling his crew where to stand, jump and splash as they jumped in the pool and no we couldn't go in the pool. Even though it was funny to watch as this was a low budget film it had the comic factor, but in the heat of the afternoon sun we just wanted to get in the pool without getting dirty looks, the pool was not big enough for filming and for it to be open to paying guests. We went back in the hotel for a drink and when we entered the pool entrance we were told to wait as they were filming, to this my husband asked how long and the man said 5 minutes, my husband told him we were on holiday and didn't want to stand and wait to go sit by the pool, so he let us in and they hadn't even started filming they were too busy telling each other where to stand, jump splash! Stay at the hotel for location and views.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
HILidoBeachGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our hotel. Perhaps you will be in the film! We are working hard to improve our facility for our guests, and know you will see a difference on your next visit to the area.