My wife and I stayed here with Saga from Jan 25th to 4th Feb 2014.The hotel has a wonderful position right on a beautiful beach looking right out onto the Gulf of Mexico.It got quite hot after a couple of days of rain and the beach Cabanas are very useful for some shade (free with Saga and $10 per day for other guests).Breakfast is included with Saga and you can order from the menu or just use the buffet,which is a little restricted. I would just like to say thankyou to Fernando who always greeted us with a big smile and some pleasant comments at breakfast.The evening menu was satisfactory and was reasonably priced.Also many thanks to
Nancy who kept our room spotless.the bedroom had two beds, but the bathroom was a little on the small side.The hotel also ran a free limo service to take you to St.Armands circle where there are numerous shops and restaurants.If you want to walk it, it is perfectly safe and takes about 40 minutes.Finally a mention and a big thank you to Kathy,the Saga rep,who was very attentive and
helpful.There is a bus service every hour from outside the hotel(not Sunday) which is very useful and very cheap,flat fare of $1.25.There are numerous attractions in the area and Ringlings is an absolute must.See my separate review for this.The best of both worlds here,a lovely beach and plenty of attractions when you are tired of lazing on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota
- Sandcastle Resort At Lido Beach Sarasota, Florida