Stayed for two nights. Had a room facing the sea on the top floor – which was an excellent position – you could listen to the waves crashing on the beach at night whilst going to sleep – blissful. Had a balcony as well which was great.
Rooms were clean and fine (bathroom could perhaps require some attention – but was clean and functional). The hotel does have a certain ‘60’s’ feeling to it – but we really liked that – it seemed a little retro! - and comforting!
Swimming pools were fabulous for the children.
Buffet breakfast was plentiful and the coffee excellent.
Service was hit and miss.
The reception staff not particularly friendly (or that helpful) on arrival.
Bar staff excellent, as was half of the restaurant staff. Had a slight disagreement with one of the waitresses who did not believe my daughter was 10 years old and wanted to charge her the adult rate for breakfast (in fairness my daughter is tall for her age), that said I noticed her grumbling and telling (and pointing us out) to other members of staff. When I approached her and offered to fetch my daughters passport so that I could confirm her age she seemed to warm and said it was okay.
Plenty for kids to do at the hotel.
Warning though – there are stingrays in the shallow waters of the sea. Not sure if it was the time of year we stayed – and I guess it’s similar right up the coast? I don’t know – but to be on the safe side we stayed in the pool – which the children were more than happy with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota
- Sandcastle Resort At Lido Beach Sarasota, Florida