When we arrived at the Helmsley Sandcastle, we were moved from a ground Courtyard view to a 2nd floor Courtyard/Ocean view room which was great! Apparently our first room had a king size bed and we needed two double/queen beds. We loved our view every morning. We had our own little balcony to sit and watch the ocean. The guys at the front desk were very helpful and very nice. They gave us a map and told us where to see different things. I had an issue with a server in the restaurant one night and Chris, the asst. manager, was very helpful and very kind and went above and beyond my expectations to take care of the situation. The beds in our room only had two sheets and a blanket on them (no bedspread), so we requested another blanket, because it was a bit chilly when we were there. They came immediately with the blankets. Another day, we noticed we were not supplied with wash clothes, so I called and asked for some and I had to call two times before we got our wash clothes. Not sure what happened there. The hotel is across the street from a Nature park so it is really quiet and I liked the location. The hotel is old and definitely needs to be updated. Wallpaper was curling, the mirrors needed to be replaced in the vanity and bathroom area, the toilet didn't seem to be bolted to the floor very well, the doors to the room and to the balcony were old and needs to be replaced. There was no free breakfast of any kind. You had to go to the restuarant. 16% gratuity was automatically added to your bill whether the server was good or not and even when we ordered something to take to our room. If you needed to use their computer, it was 35 cents a minute which I think is a little high. There was no elevator for our two story building which is a pain when you're trying to carry a 50 lbs. suitcase up the stairs. However, they did let us know this before-hand and we could have taken a ground floor room if we wanted. The parking in front of our room was really small and few spaces. We could park in the parking garage, but it was over on the other side of the property and we didn't want to walk that far. What we did like with the hotel was that it was clean every where, it was right on the ocean, the people were nice, the pools were very nice and clean - one was warm and one wasn't as warm, but probably still heated, the courtyard was beautiful and well manicured, the bathroom amenities were nice, it was nice to have a big long vanity with a sink and a sink in the bathroom, the beds were very comfortable, the carpet was new and well padded, and it was really quiet in the hotel. Since we had an ocean view, I feel we paid a decent amount for the room, but if we had been given a room without an ocean view, I would have been very upset for the price and the condition the room was in. Sandcastle Helmsley either needs to lower the price of their rooms or update their hotel before I would come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota
- Sandcastle Resort At Lido Beach Sarasota, Florida