“Barely adequate, and needs improvement”

Days Inn Sarasota - Siesta Key
Ranked #42 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Barely adequate, and needs improvement”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in room 212 recently, and you should be aware of the poor state of cleanliness of the hotel. The hall carpet was stained and dirty, the key areas of the doors are grubby, and the entire room and its contents needed a thorough cleaning and wiping down/dusting. The ice machine did not work, and the desk clerk did not offer to fix it but rather sent us to a different part of the hotel. The very thin floor between the rooms ensures that your neighbors will wake you up early with their rendition of River Dance (and you can hear their electric toothbrushes). the bathroom walls have peeling paint and very poor patching.

The rate was mid-range, but the quality was reflected the price of the room. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel management does not care about the cleanliness of the entire hotel. I hope the management of the hotel chain reads these reviews and gets their franchisees on the stick to clean up the hotel.

Room Tip: With the thinness of the walls, stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frozentundra612
Div_Patel, Manager at Days Inn Sarasota - Siesta Key, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest,Thank you for your review on your recent stay.We are disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. Our guest experience in all facets of our hotel is our number one priority and comments like yours are truly taken to heart. I am sorry for the dissatisfaction you experienced. Our staff works very hard to provide a wonderful experience for each and every one of our guests. We will continue to strive to make necessary improvements to increase your satisfaction.We look forward to serving you in the near future at your next trip to Sarasota.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sarasota
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Days Inns are usually reliable. After our experience at this Days Inn, I will be less likely to stay at one. There was no hot water at this Days Inn, and the front desk staff did not inform me of this upon check-in. We stayed one-night when we had planned to stay for three, leaving early. The furniture in the room (Room 322) was disgusting. The arm rests on the chairs were sticky and hadn't been cleaned in ages; the sofa in our king-bed room was dated and not appealing to sit upon. The continental breakfast was below standard. I could not possible recommend this Days Inn to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank H. W
Dear Guest,Thank you for your review on your recent stay.We are disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. Our guest experience in all facets of our hotel is our number one priority and comments like yours are truly taken to heart. We will continue to strive to make necessary improvements to increase your satisfaction.We look forward to serving you in the near future at your next trip to Sarasota.

Travellers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We paid $165 (with tax) to stay over night in this hotel. We got in late and woke up around 8 am only to find BUG BITES all over us. Upon further inspection we found 2 bed bugs and multiple fleas. I went to the front office right then and there and we had to look all over for someone that worked there (I had to ask a maid that was cleaning a room to get someone for me). I told them about my night and showed them my visible bites. She told me that there was nothing that she could do without the manager there and that she would have him call me when he was in later on that day. We were on a time schedule so we left. I called with no response for 4 days and I got the same answer every time...I had to wait for a manager. I eventually had to call the corporate office only for them to tell me that they would have this "MYSTERY MANAGER" call me. The next day I got a phone call from the manager apologizing up and down telling me that he was out of town and that was why he did not get back to me. He offered 50% of my money back. In the end I payed approx $75 to get eaten up by bugs all night, deep clean my luggage and be in pain (the bites kept getting bigger, more swollen and started emitting heat). I had about 30 bites all over my body alone. I will never stay in a hotel again without checking the bed (which is a shame) and I WILL NEVER EVER EVER STAY AT ANY DAYS INN FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Allie S
Sarasota
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Room poor with really soft beds and kinda dirty. For a $150 you'd expect way more. And I got a deal!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest, At Days Inn Sarasota our daily mission is to provide you with a clean, well maintained facility all provided by a friendly, attentive staff. I apologize that the housekeeping staff did not follow the proper procedure; we have addressed this issues with them so it will not happen again.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to once again be of service on a future trip to Sarasota.
Saint Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was an awful hotel. Water dripping from the ceiling ...was told that just a corner of the bed was wet and that it should be okay. FInally moved to a handicap room and they wanted to move me again. The entire experience was dreadful. Stay far far away!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in the area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. I understand that it can be very frustrating when you have change rooms due to unwanted problems and we have addressed this issue with the appropriate staff members. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.We look forward to serving you in the near future at your next trip to Sarasota.