“I will suggest to corporate travel to book me here again!”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Tampa, Florida
“I will suggest to corporate travel to book me here again!”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Before I even checked in I called to make sure all my reservations were in order and paid for by corporate. The gentleman was so nice in answering my questions and telling me what else I needed to make sure my check-in went smooth.
Then, when I checked-in and got to my room I called the front desk to ask if there was a microwave so I could come down and make some soup. The same gentleman told me that he would have someone bring one up and a refrigerator. 5 minutes later, I had someone knocking on my door with the refrigerator and microwave who set it up in about 45 seconds and made his way out. TALK ABOUT FAST DELIVERY!!
Today, I had my room keys become uncharged, so I went down to the front desk and the lady fixed them in about 2 seconds. Yet another fast fix!
Oh and the cherry on top of it, 24 hour good coffee, fruit, and today they even had freshly made cookies of all sorts!! And they offer free internet and HBO.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you and others from your company back with us soon. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Kind Regards...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Very lovely and friendly staff. Everyone made us feel welcome and our requests were met in a quick and friendly manner. The Front desk staff was very pleasant and efficient at check in and check out. They gave us good directions, information and suggestions on things to do in the area. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast with accomodation are definately a great value. We will definately stay there again when we visit Sarasota.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
Thank you very much for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to having you back in the near future and truly appreciate the comments you have shared.
boca raton
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I arrived at this hotel with my 6 month pregnant wife and our 18 month old son We has stayed here before . We ordered a crib in advance. when we got there they delivered a broken down looking crib which the mainantance guy was having issues getting into the room, We got unpacked and noticed our bed was caved in down the middle, we notified the front desk and he offered to give us a different room. we figured we had already unpacked so we figured we would just deal with it, We put our son into the crib and it immedialy BROKE IN PIECES with my son falling out of it. How can a Hotel even bring a crib in this condition. Isn't it better to say I'm sorry we ran out of cribs not sending in something which can injur a baby. the front desk guy Chris came to the room showing very little remorse in what just happened and said this crib was a standard one. he brought in a 2nd one which also was broken, he became very upset at me and told me if i dont like it I can leave. I asked to get that other room than so my son can sleep in a bed without falling out of with us, he than angerily told me nope we have no rooms with a big smug smile on his face. this was the worst hotel service I have ever experienced and I will be contacting the General Manager there as well as corporate offices on how unpleasant this front desk attendant Chris and my stay was there. We had to wander sarasota at 11 at night trying to find vacancy at another place,

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank du1902
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that our General Manager has made direct contact with you as we would like to discuss the incident in further detail. Regards..
sarasota
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We tried to book a group of 12-15 rooms for a surprise party and could not get the staff to respond at all. The group booking person (Shrika) has to be the worse service person I have ever encountered. She returned one call out of six that we placed to her. We took our business elsewhere.

Stayed March 2011
2 Thank billpall
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
We apologize for any miscommunication that there may have been. We are reviewing our records to see what may have occurred on our end. We hope we have the ability to re earn your trust and business. Please call our General Manager, Janet Moussa, if we can help you in any way.
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This is a motel and a staff I will never forget and can never thank enough.

Members of family and I have stayed here frequently while visiting an ailing, elderly mother; and this motel became a second home for us, not just because of convenience but because of the caring staff. When our mother finally died in January, the staff rallied round and gave us endless, much welcomed support - help with logistics, comfort and room arrangements, an occasional hug, and even a beyond-the-call condolence gift from the manager and desk. We will never forget this crew and never forget how staying there was the one positive part of a very dark time.

Over the years, we have seen many ups and a few downs here, with needed and welcome renovations, as well as the inevitable occasional malfunctions. But on balance and over all, I would say that - particularly in the last 2-3 years -- there has been a concerted effort to try to get it right whenever something goes wrong if it's within the staff's power to correct. The manager tries very hard to deal with problems as they come up, and I hope her supervisors know how hard she and her crew try. By far, most of our visits have been when things work very well. And the cookies at 5 are warm and dangerous.

In general, would I recommend staying here? Absolutely. And say hi to them for us - they will know who we are.

(Do note: if you're expecting to be right on the beach in an upscale setting for a budget price, you're being unrealistic: look at a map and be aware that you are convenient to I-75, a hospital, and several retirement communities, but you are a few miles through traffic to get to a beach.)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We've truly enjoyed having you as guests and view you as an extension of our Hampton Inn Sarasota family. If there is anything we can ever do to help you during this difficult time, you always know how to reach us..
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Complaint #1: Three girlfriends flew to FL to visit me and we decided to go to beach in Sarasota and stay at Hampton Inn... and because hotel had hot tub we decided on it rather than LaQuinta on Tamiami. Anyway, we set hot tub timer and NOTHING changed the circulation of the water... no bubbles, no increased pressure out of jets... nothing. I went to front desk who informed me that it's only a hot tub with circulating water. I asked WHY then would there even be a timer. He came up with excuses and I said please don't insult my intelligence just admit that it's broken... but he would not. So, we sat is a hot tub that was not running properly and annoyed with the fact that he was lying to us. Let's face it when you have a timer and jets they are suppose to turn it on and off and increase pressure. I suggest your staff be honest with the patrons.

Complaint #2: Breakfast attendant. She was snippy and rude to the patrons and unfriendly. When I asked her for eggs (since egg pan was empty) she gave me a dirty look and when she came out she slammed the egg tray into place. When I sat at the table one friend after another said what's with that gal... so I knew it wasn't just me. As we left the area, I then saw a staff person with a tag (lady) and asked her the name of the food attendant and she told me Rosie and asked if there was anything wrong and I told her she was very rude. I was then told that she was having a tough time because of a toaster issue. I then replied a broken toaster does not justify being rude to four women... their is no excuse for being impolite.

Needless to say, I think I'll continue to stay at the LaQuinta and when I/we want a hot tub (in working order) we'll go to the Lido Beach Resort where I am also a frequent guest.
Our girls retreat to the beach was enjoyable except for the broken hot tub, male staffer who lied about it, the food attendant, and the female staffer who tried to justify Rosie's actions.

For the record... we did like the bedding.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheVillagesJudy
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Good afternoon,

We truly apologize about your experience on your stay with us. We would love to speak to you directly on making this experience right and have you "100% Satisfied". Please contact Janet Moussa directly at the hotel so that we can discuss. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We left a brand new $100 sport jacket in the closet and when we called the next night the response was "It wasn't turned in."

We think Hampton Inn is a very good chain but this was a disappointment. We think with a little pressure on the staff the jacket would have turned up.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We have strict lost and found procedures in place to make sure all items left behind are properly stored and accounted for as they are left behind on premises. We'd love to hear back from you directly to see if we can help you locate your item. Please contact the General Manager, Janet Moussa, directly at the hotel (941-371-1900)