we did write to LQ and complain, so they have been made aware, but what a nightmare it was. Thanksgiving night, exhausted, checked in, got settled and then discovered the filth. we were so totally grossed... my fault in that I never thought to request a room change, that's how tired we were.... there was no toilet paper, the desk said they'd deliver it, an hour later my husband redressed & went down himself to get some. the sink and counter were covered in toothpaste spit and razor shavings... ughhh..., totally grossed out.. sticky stuff all over the night stands and the table. at least the sheets had been changed & I do bring my own pillow... I kick myself that I didn't think to change rooms, but being thanksgiving they probably were all disgusting with the "hurry to get home" mentality (which I understand, however if you have a job, you damn well had better do it 110%) .. I emailed the manager & told her I would never stay there again. I just can't imagine taking that risk..Although the manager removed the charge, it was just too horrible of an experience..
the thing is, we also stayed at LQ in another FL city and that room was dirty also, We had thought we would give this chain a chance since we had never used them before. I contacted LQ about this one also, but too strange to have two different hotels in two different cities with such gross accommodations.. I figure they must hire the lowest priced cleaning service with entirely too few people for the needs... no stars... will never stay at one again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota was recently named a 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!You deserve a day at the beach. Choose the La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota facing the Sarasota Bay as well as overlooking Long Boat Key, and you'll find yourself just a short drive away from Lido Beach and Siesta Key Beaches. Conveniently located just three miles from Sarasota-Bradenton Internationa...see morel Airport, this tropically landscaped hotel is near several popular attractions including the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, John & Mable Ringling Museum, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, and Ed Smith Stadium home of the Cincinati Reds Spring Training Camp. Offices for Boars Head Provisions, Florida Power & Light, Waterside Catering, and Wellcraft Marine are also located nearby. Ringling School of Art & Design is also located nearby. Guests will enjoy a refreshing heated outdoor pool, fitness center, and a delicious Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Each spacious guest room features free high-speed wireless Internet access, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, voice mail, data port telephone, expanded cable channels, and much more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Sarasota
- La Quinta Hotel Sarasota
- La Quinta Sarasota
- Sarasota La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota Downtown Florida