Sleep Inn Sarasota
HotelIndigo.com
US$458
US$424
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$112
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$108
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$212
US$202
US$240
US$216
All reviewshot eggs and sausageroom was cleannice showerchoice hotelsa king size bedfront desk staffone night stayclose to the airportmotelbedding
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

What a great place! Clean, good wi-fi, nice beds. I was blown away by the set up of this place. The walk in shower instead of tub was great especially as I was with My father in law who is in his 70's. Room had fridge and microwave. TV was a nice flat screen with ample channels, including 5 HBOs'. The breakfast was above average for the price. Hot eggs and sausage were avalable. After staying at a Super 8 last year for the same price, there is no comparison! If You don't like this hotel, it's you.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one night and it was absolutely ok for the price we paid! The room was very old and needs a renovation! The hotel is close to sarasota and a few steps from the airport! Breakfast was good and more than expected! We can recommend it!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel just did a wonderful remodel. The front desk was very helpful. The continental breakfast was very neat and clean, The price that i was charged online was perfect for the quality of this property

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at Sleep Inn Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sleep Inn Sarasota! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've stayed here many times on my frequent trips to Sarasota, and some of my previous experiences have been tolerable but not great. I understand that the property is now under new management, and it is apparent from my more recent stays, including this one, that the new management team has been, and continues to take steps to improve the condition of the hotel and the overall guest experience. The review that follows is for my most recent stay, in November, 2013.

My room was a single king room which had recently been refurbished with fresh carpeting, paint, and overall decor. It was a second story room, and I noticed that the carpet in the hallway was also fresh and new. The room, while somewhat small, had ample work space, a flat screen TV, comfortable bed with 5 or 6 pillows of various types, a washstand (granite) in the room itself, and a separate WC with shower and toilet. The in-room climate control unit worked just fine. The bed was quite comfortable and delivered a good night's sleep.

The wireless internet worked just fine - connected easily, with no login required.

There's a complimentary breakfast buffet available in the morning - fairly simple but adequate.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently and pleasantly.

The motel is tucked at the end of a small street off of University Parkway, just past the Hyatt Place hotel, right across from the Sarasota - Bradenton airport. What makes things tricky is that the motel itself is not visible from University Parkway, although there is a sign at the corner for the Sleep Inn. From University Parkway, the motel's access road is actually the extension of the road that leads into and out of the airport. If, for example, you were to turn right off of University Parkway to enter the airport, you'd instead turn left off of University Parkway to reach the motel - and vice versa. Look for the Hyatt Place hotel along University Parkway - the Sleep Inn is right behind it.

Once you know where it is, it's easy to find, but the first time it may be a bit tricky if you don't know that it's hidden.

A variety of rates are available on the hotel brand's website, including senior and AAA discounts, and the frequent guest program, Choice Privileges, often runs some very good promotions that reward even those who travel infrequently - definitely worth checking out if you're not a member.

One thing to be aware of -- for T-Mobile wireless customers, reception in and around the hotel is spotty at best, and in many places, both inside and out, it can be difficult to find a signal at all. This is particularly true on the first floor of the hotel. So whenever I stay here, I try to get a second floor room to increase the odds of receiving an adequate signal. There's obviously not much the hotel can do about this, but I mention it because it might be an issue for some.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms may have better wireless phone reception. T-Mobile reception is spotty at best and sometimes very difficult on the ground floor. Also, avoid the room across the hall from the breakfast room - I've stayed in it on previous visits, and things can get quite noisy when the breakfast room opens early in the morning. (Many guests don't think about the proximity of the breakfast room to nearby guest rooms, where others may still be sleeping.)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank step12dude

Dear step12dude,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Sleep Inn Sarasota. We always welcome feedback from our guests, especially as new management strives to find ways to make continuous improvements to the property and daily operation. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit, and thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The stay was ok but 3 days after staying at this location I noticed that my credit card was billed for 2 nights and I only stayed there 1 night. I called the GM and she informed me that later during the evening AFTER I checked out, a consultant stated that I was suppose to pay for his stay at the hotel so she billed my account. She stated that the guy informed her that I was his supervisor. I informed her that I spoke with the receptionist before I checked out and we were all on the same page. I'm not sure what made her think that she could bill someone's account at her leisure. I'm currently working this matter with Corporate/Customer Relations but I urge you all to be careful as the GM seems to mishandle credit card information. Why not make the guy produce a credit card or simply kick him out of the facility? Instead, she let him spend the night on my dime!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business