“Best Service I have seen in a while...Great Accommodations!”

Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I went here a couple of weekends ago for a wedding, and had a lot of family with me as well. The rooms were all a large size, very clean. The front desk staff was amazing. I believe it was the manager who recognized us a lot, but he was so nice and always was interested in how we were doing, and how was the wedding, stuff like that. And he called back shortly after we received towels we had requested to make sure we had gotten them (its the little things that matter most.) Even the housekeeping staff was outgoing and friendly, which you don't see very much.
Also, the wifi was really fast and easy accessible. I saw another comment out there how they had no internet, but they have ethernet setup and wifi everywhere in the hotel.
And the breakfast in the mornings were so good!! Usually, I think they are like average, but this had so much variety, definitely amazing.
I have always loved Marriott, and for a residence inn, this staff definitely had Ritz Carlton Quality.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank twhite23

Reviewed 27 March 2011

On all other accounts this is a good place to stay, good staff, nice rooms, good facilities but when they advertise high speed Internet it's a lie. The Internet is so old and funky that if more than one person in the hotel uses it, the whole system basically crashes and stops working. If you need Internet, and who doesn't, don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

I sincerely apologize that our internet service did not provide fast, smooth service during your recent stay. We are aware of the problem with our current service and will be installing updated equipment within the next few weeks. We hope to have the opportunity to have to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

we (my wife, sister and her husband) stayed in a two bedroom suite while in area for spring training. location is terrific. amenities even better...breakfast, pool, grill (which we used the first night and then had leftovers...with leftovers from Jose's cuban restaurant which is fantastic). staff very helpful, especially Jennifer. Clean, comfortable, quiet. would have liked an arm chair/recliner in living room since there were four of us and sofa wasnt big enough. had to use desk chair from one of the bedrooms

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank manhattenup
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Booked via the Marriott website, on arrival reservation was correct. Check in was friendly and quick. Stayed on ground floor with 2 bed unit which was helpful due to luggage. Room was cleaned daily and was unobtrusive. Kitchen needs a kettle in my opinion. Room had everything quoted on website and met our needs. Although TVs are not flat screen, during our stay there were upgrades of the TV system underway in some of the rooms so perhaps that issue has been addressed. One issue I believe Marriott needs to address with all its Residence Inns is the quality of its beds which to me seem hard when compared to other brands within the group. The beds still provide a reasonable sleep experience but in my view can be improved by bringing to the same level as other brands. Front office staff were very helpful always prompt in responding and fluent in the English language. The swimming pool was small but clean and warm and the kids loved it. The facilities were well maintained and parking was free. Check out was prompt and billing accurate. We would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank private1_90732
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My husband was scheduled for surgery. We were booked for another hotel across the street. That room was not conducive for his needs. We drove over to the Residence Inn, hoping to get a better room. The wonderful staff called over to the other hotel and arranged our transfer. They went out of their way to help us! I can't say enough good things about them ! The room is nice and roomy !

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Lilangeleyes301
Reviewed 18 November 2010

First I have to say this hotel is good value ,thats the good .While spacious the rooms looked tired needing a total renovation .The tvs were the old clunkers that most people have thrown out ,no flat panel here.The kitchen was also a disappointment to me because it needed uodating ,not the kind of kitchen you would want to make a meal.Well they do give you breakfast ,a very unappealing one at that .The toaster was broken only two slots worked so there was a line.The scrambled eggs were overcooked with no flavor .We where here for a family reunion ,and spent most of the day away .We put out a do not disturb sign because I like my privacy .When we got back my daughter who had left her wallet on the kitchen table noticed it was gone .We notified the manager and the police,the manager and head of housekeeping went through the suite with a fine tooth comb,this was after we had looked everywhere .The policewoman that showed up was sympathetic,the manager was not, claiming that the do not disturb sign was on the floor so housekeeping had gone in.I went down to again speak to the manager ,she instantly called the policewoman to come down and be present at our discussion .Here I was outnumbered by manager ,head of housekeeping and the policewoman ,who informed me that the manager could order us out of the hotel although we had prepayed saying that they could charge me a partial payment and I would be trespassing if I stayed.I always thought the police were servants of the people ,could they be siding with the manager after all I was the victim .How is that having your wallet stolen then told if we didnt shut up we would be kicked out(this was early evening.Next day while we were packing the wallet mysteriously appeared not on the kitchen table but in one of the drawers which had been inspected by 5 people .What a coincidence .I think the worst thing was the attitude of the manager who was very arrogant and was so miffed that we were reporting a wallet stolen ,were the only people who had plastic entry keys were the hotel and housekeeping .I am very disappointed with Marriot and will never stay at their hotels ever again.My trip was ruined by the incidence ,what a welcome to Sarasota.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank hp1480
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2010

The hotel staff and management immediately responded to the complaint from your daughter. We assisted the local police with the investigation of the missing wallet. As the police officer stated they was no evidence pointing at the hotel. We were glad to hear the next morning from your daughter that she had found the wallet. We thank you for staying with us and appreciate the opportunity to address your complaint.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

Everything seemed fine at this hotel until I went out parasailing. I took what I needed to bring with me from my wallet and left the wallet in my room. I put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and went out. When I came back, the room had been cleaned and the wallet was gone from the table where I had left it. I called the front desk, who then called housekeeping. I was going to ask them where they put the wallet when they cleaned, but instead she began denying that there was a wallet in the room. Now, I am spending my vacation filing police reports and I am missing most of my cash. (FYI, there are no safes in the room, or I would have used it, but when you put up a "Do not disturb" sign, you figure no one is coming into your room. NOT SO, at this place!)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family