Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport
US$95
US$122
US$114
HIExpress.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$98
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$144
Priceline
US$296
US$217
Priceline
All reviewsstarbucks coffeetypical courtyardfront deskmarriott propertiesshort drive to downtownringling museumsoccer tournamentresidence innbusiness tripsmall refrigeratorroom was largebreakfast and dinnernice hoteldirectly across the streeta great stayconvenient locationfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had a nearly identical negative experience with the front desk as described June 14th below by hgb3 "Request Denied." A simple request for a room with a king bed rather than with 2 doubles was met with absolute refusal and nonsensical excuses and pitiful, borderline patronizing attempts of justification.
The reservation was made on Priceline, and apparently the Priceline rate code is for a room with 2 doubles beds. Fair enough. That is what I will take then, and did take... And the room was reasonably adequate.
The issue is attitude, however: There is considerable difference between pretending to be nice, and actually being so.
If a basic request is made for a completely available alternative, similar room, it is just plain nasty to be militant about refusing to make a reasonable accommodation.
Unfortunately, the manager was too busy to discuss the matter with me. Instead, her assistant was sent out to "smooth me over", announcing that "every customer is treated the same way, whether Marriott Platinum member or Priceline customer." He proceeded, however, that the only way that I could possibly receive a room with a king bed would be to call Priceline, cancel the reservation, and rebook a room with a king bed through Marriott. What total BS!...NO other hotel, including recent Marriott, that I have booked through Priceline has ever displayed such nonsense.
Interestingly, the manager's written commentary to hgb3 below,reinforces the point of attitude. She makes it perfectly clear, with a faux apology, that she has no interest in accommodating a most basic special request if a room is booked through Priceline. It is true, she has no obligation to do so, she will not. This presentation of her character is reinforced by her staff.
Ironically, I type this review while sitting on a King Bed at The Hilton, St Petersburg, Bayfront, booked through Priceline. The reservation likewise held a room with 2 double beds. I requested at check-in for a room with a king bed, if available. The response... A kind and emphatic CERTAINLY!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dischvt
SRQCYGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your most recent visit to the Courtyard Sarasota Airport. I am glad you found our rooms and amenities to be ever pleasing. I apologize we were unable to grant your request for a room with a single king size bed. The hotel was able to fulfill your reservation per the terms and agreements of what was booked. The only way to guarantee a specific room type would be to book that specific room type directly through the hotel or through a third party. Unfortunately we were unable to grant your request as the hotel was limited on King Size beds for the evening and we utilize that inventory for those booking that specific room type. I have spoken with the staff and reassured them of the proper protocol for those guests booking through the discounted websites. When you travel to the Sarasota area again I would like to extend a warm welcome and encourage you to contact me prior to your travel needs.

Warm Regards,

Michael Ridgewell
941-355-3337

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel with the word Marriott Is nice but Courtyard by Marriott I thought would be especially nice. The room had a slight musty aroma to it when I got inside. I opened a window & cleared it up. The refrigerator didn't work but it was promptly replaced when I called the front desk.(great job on her part) I know that these are just small things to do but , when your either on vacation or here on business(like myself) you should not have to do other things to the room that should have been done beforehand. More followup should be done.

Room Tip: Keep the "shades" closed it helps keep the room cool and quieter since the A/C doesn't have to work all the time. Get 2 Queen beds. You can "mess up" the one and sleep in the other. :-) ( I lay out my notes , books,and brochures on 1)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
SRQCYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us. I do apolgize for the issues you encountered while you were here. It is good to hear that your issue with the refrigerator was resolved promptly. We do inspect every room and do try to make sure that there are no issues. Again, I do apolgize and I hope that you will try us again next time you are in Sarasota.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel is located right across the street from the airport, but is very quiet. We were given a handicapped room (for some reason) and it was huge! The staff was friendly and the room was dark and comfy- wonderful sleep experience ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenbflohr
SRQCYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the room and the location to the airport and were able to rest. We appreciate your business and hope you will return when you are in the area next time.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member who used to travel every week and would stay mostly at Courtyards, this was a disapointing way to begin extensive travel again. I arrived rather late on a Sunday evening rather worn out. Upon check in, I was informed that my room was on the top floor but that unfortunately, the ONLY elevator was out of order. The desk clerk did offer to help carry my bags up but since he seemed the only one working and I only had a small carry-on I just handled myself. Upon the climbing the stairs on the east side I noticed that the stairway was extremely dirty, even to the point where someone had left a popcorn trail leading to the landing between floors two and three. I was thinking if I was the manager, I would have made sure that the steps were vacuumed and presentable especially knowing the elevator was out of order. By the time I checked out Tuesday morning, the elevator was still not working and the popcorn was still on the steps? My room was fine, the bed was a bit hard but the room was very clean and well decorated.
My only other issue was the lack of local knowledge at the front desk. At most Courtyards or Marriott properties I have visited there was a directory sheet for local restaurants, with type of food, directions and phone numbers. On Monday evening I asked the front desk where they suggested was the best place to eat and the only response I got was, " I think there is a Buffalo Wild Wings further down University Pkwy, but I am not sure how far but I think it is on the left."

Luckily I found a very nice local restaurant called The Revelry Pub and Grill, if you stay here, this looks to be the place to go (maybe the only). I did give their address location to the front desk and suggested they start refering guests to this place. Over all, a rough start to my new full time travel position with my company. Hopefully as I continue to stay loyal to the Marriott brands, this is the worst of it.

Room Tip: I would say stay away from the elevators "IF" they are working
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. I do apologize the elevator was out of order. I can't control the elevator vendor and obtaining parts but I most certainly can control the cleanliness of the hotel. As the manager you are correct, the public space should be taken care on a daily basis. I appreicate the feedback on that and will share with my team. I do apologize again that you had a bad start to your travels and I hope they improved along the way.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and they served Starbucks coffee in the lobby. That saved me having to get up and drive for coffee in the morning. It was a very Comfortable stay. The pool was nice also.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jackie B
SRQCYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your morning Starbucks. Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope the next time you are in Sarasota you will visit us again.