“Awesome service in the Bistro, by Patti”

Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Lake Mary, Florida
“Awesome service in the Bistro, by Patti”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard property, and was delighted by the outstanding customer service delivered by Patti, who was covering the Bistro area at the hotel for the evening. This dining area was unusually busy, due to heavy rain in the area. Patti went out of her way to ensure each guest was served quickly and efficiently, and maintained a positive attitude and smile during the entire evening. Her positive focus ensured that each guest felt treated as a priority, and she delivered as promised. Kudos to Patti for a job well done!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
We appreciate the kind words and the recognition of our staff. All of the staff at the Courtyard is always striving to exceed all guests’ expectations and were glad we were able to with you. We look forward to your return and thanks again for staying with us.

Michael Ridgewell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. We stayed here 2 nights and have nothing but good things to say about it. Our room (203) was quiet, very clean, and tastefully decorated. We did not use the pool. It was a rainy two day stay for us but the front desk attendant suggested rainy day activities to us such as mall shopping, Mote Aquarium, and the Ringley Museum. We did not eat at the Bistro restaurant. However, I recommend the Broken Egg for breakfast which was approximately a 10 minute drive from the hotel. For dinner, we drove to Rosebud and Thailand. Both restaurants were great. We used the fitness room at the hotel. while small in size it suited our desire to use the treadmill and step machine.I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
I see you were able to visit us on one of our not so sun shiny days here in Sarasota. The great thing about our location is we are located minutes from many indoor as well as outdoor activities. I am glad the staff was able to guide you in a pleasant direction. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully on a brighter day.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This a typical Marriott Courtyard that has been remodeled with a modern look. I would say I miss the old décor and real restaurant. We ate breakfast here which was not free and worse than the free breakfast that you get at most motels. I certainly wouldn't eat dinner here. The room was nice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Sarasota Airport for your recent travels. It is unfortunate our breakfast was less than perfect. We do have a full cooked to order breakfast with a full kitchen. Most of the guests are raving about the wonderful food options. I apologize your breakfast was not the same. Next time you are back in town I hope you are able to give us another chance I and I would look forward to speaking with you about your experience.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Your employee, Jane, was superb. She made my three-day stay one of the best I can recall. She is thoughtful, courteous, and amazingly efficient. I am a million miler plus, so I feel ik ow this industry well. Congratulations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
I am so pleased your stay was wonderful. Thank you for your return visits in advance. We look forward to your return and having you as our guest once again.

South Padre Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was here for several days competing at the US Rowing Masters National Championship. The staff were beyond wonderful!! Jane in the cafe was just incredible. She tailored food to my needs and desires, she remembered my coffee order without asking every day and just made me and my group feel at home! *Wonderful employee*

Also, in the cafe on the weekends, my group and I had the pleasure of being served by the delightful Ms. Victoria who much like Jane, helped us out and tailored services to our need with a big broad smile!

Every afternoon, when returning from our racing Ankur at the front desk asked about our results and wanted even to see our medals!! He was such a sweet person, and so happy to help in anyway we needed.

Michael, the manager was often helping our at the front desk and he was great too!

I would HIGHLY recommend this Courtyard. It was clean, quiet, great cafe with my favorite Starbucks beverages. But, beyond a great facility was the wonderful, wonderful staff. Thanks especially again to: Jane; Victoria: Ankur and Michael for making it such a pleasant stay!!! I will be back :-)

Room Tip: I was downstairs...which I really would prefer and recommend. It was close to pool and exercise are...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Your group was a BLAST! We hope to see you on your return and with Sarasota hosting the World Rowing Competetion I am sure we will see you many times. Thanks again for your visit and the staff and myself look forward to your return.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have made the Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota Bradenton my home away from home for several years. It has been 8 months since my last time in Sarasota and tonight was awesome. When I walked into the Bistro I received a warm greeting from Jane! She is amazing. Remembered me by name and my favorite menu items. She makes you feel welcome and at home. Always wanting to make sure your accommodations are perfect and any needs for the room such as towels, soap, shampoo etc.... I base by stays around her schedule so I know I will be treated like family! Overall Hotel is very clean and they always make sure I am on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the side entrance for easy access to the car and for easy unloading and packing!!!!
1 Thank Barmike1955
Thanks for coming back to visit. We look forward to your return again real soon. Our staff has been informed of your wonderful comments.

Thanks again,

Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

STARWOOD: GOLD
MARRIOTT: GOLD

I stayed here for one overnight due to a missed flight and the location is great, right across from SRQ. Its a typical, clean, modern Courtyard. Hotel features an outdoor pool, shuttle service to and from the airport (even at 530am) and a Bistro.

PRICE: I was able to secure a very affordable, last minute rate and the staff was friendly and accomodating to all my requests.

HOTEL: All stated above, its what ive come to EXPECT from a Courtyard. During our one night thought there was a family reunion going on and they caused alot of chaos as they acted as if they owned the hotel. Staff really couldnt handle them and they did cause us discomfort as we were very tired and the last thing we wanted to deal with was a super loud and very boisterous group of people trying for atleast 40 times to take a group shot of 50+ people in the Bistro. =(
My family was absolutely starved by the time we got settled into the room and after reading the well represented Bistro menu, we were happy to go check out the 'fresh' choices being advertised. From the mouth of the girl working at the Bistro- "None of this food is fresh, we microwave it all, and even i wouldnt eat here"..seriously!! Great, just what we needed. We ended up ordering Pizza but cmon Marriott get it together with this Bistro idea. Either serve fresh cooked food or just throw in a Pizza hut, this was very deceiving and did not leave a good impression.

THE ROOM: Regular Room/2DBL- Not overly large, very clean and warm tones. Bedding was very comfortable. No upgrade was offerred/available and this was a basic room next to the pool ( which was quite loud until it closed) . Ill continue to say this until their upgraded-Note to Marriott-32inch TVs with minimal channel selection will no longer suffice!

THE STAFF: Very friendly staff here from beginning to end. No complaints

Was my Elite recognized? I guess, not sure i felt anything special this stay

I would recommend this property if overnighting for a flight out of Sarasota or possibly even for a few day stay in the area. Sarasota is seriously lacking in good hotels so this is atleast clean and updated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to write a review on the Courtyard Sarasota... I do however believe you have reviewed the wrong location. The hours of our Complimentary Shuttle are 7am-11pm. The shuttle will take you to the airport and select restaurants in the area. Our bistro is reciving excellent reviews and everything is cooked to order. In fact we don't even have a microwave in our kitchen so it is very concerning someone would mention the fact of our food being cooked in the microwave. I would like to touch base with you to see if I can obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to speaking with you.