“The Bistro Makes this Courtyard a Standout”

Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Connecticut
“The Bistro Makes this Courtyard a Standout”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights October 18 & 19 while visiting our son for Parents Weekend at Ringling College. Our second night, we hadn't eaten dinner and it was getting late. My family thought I was crazy, but I said we should go back to the hotel and eat at the Bistro. Solely based on what I had read on Trip Advisor, I figured we would be well taken care of. Well, I couldn't have been more right!!!! First of all, Jane is a real asset. One that doesn't come along too often in your standard business chain hotels. She greeted her regulars by name, but quickly made us feel welcome. She worked to make sure we were taken care of, going above and beyond in all respects. The biggest surprise may have been the quality of the food. I had the flatbread, my husband had the french dip and my daughter had the caesar salad. All 3 meals were delicious! My daughter proclaimed, "We are staying here EVERY time we come to visit. And if we aren't staying here, we're coming here to eat!" High praise from my picky eater.

The property itself was nice, standard for a Courtyard, though it appeared in keeping with some of the modern upgrades. It is in a very convenient location, directly across the street from the airport and just minutes away from all Sarasota has to offer.

The other staff at the hotel were great, too. I didn't get their names, but everyone made sure we were enjoying our stay, offering to help or get us extra towels, etc. At check-in the front desk proactively told me they would put us far from a large group since they were there for a wedding and they may be up late. I have no idea if they were, because we had complete silence in our area (room 102).

Free parking and plenty of choices for food and drink make this a quality choice. Our son is only in his first year at Ringling, so I anticipate many, many return visits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hangdog
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
It's a new stay at the Courtyard Sarasota Airport. We are glad your stay and meals with us were enjoyable. We look forward to your return in the near future and all of your comments have been shared with the staff.

Michael Ridgewell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have the pleasure of staying at the Sarasota Courtyard regularly when I travel for work. These trips are very quick and stressful, but the staff is always looking to make your stay as comfortable as possible. My colleague and I dine at the Bistro at the hotel. That is always enjoyable thanks to Jane, who staffs the restaurant and bar on Monday nights!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard for your trips to Sarasota. We are glad that we can help alleviate the stress whenever possible. We look forward to your return visit.

Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard property, and was delighted by the outstanding customer service delivered by Patti, who was covering the Bistro area at the hotel for the evening. This dining area was unusually busy, due to heavy rain in the area. Patti went out of her way to ensure each guest was served quickly and efficiently, and maintained a positive attitude and smile during the entire evening. Her positive focus ensured that each guest felt treated as a priority, and she delivered as promised. Kudos to Patti for a job well done!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate the kind words and the recognition of our staff. All of the staff at the Courtyard is always striving to exceed all guests’ expectations and were glad we were able to with you. We look forward to your return and thanks again for staying with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. We stayed here 2 nights and have nothing but good things to say about it. Our room (203) was quiet, very clean, and tastefully decorated. We did not use the pool. It was a rainy two day stay for us but the front desk attendant suggested rainy day activities to us such as mall shopping, Mote Aquarium, and the Ringley Museum. We did not eat at the Bistro restaurant. However, I recommend the Broken Egg for breakfast which was approximately a 10 minute drive from the hotel. For dinner, we drove to Rosebud and Thailand. Both restaurants were great. We used the fitness room at the hotel. while small in size it suited our desire to use the treadmill and step machine.I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
I see you were able to visit us on one of our not so sun shiny days here in Sarasota. The great thing about our location is we are located minutes from many indoor as well as outdoor activities. I am glad the staff was able to guide you in a pleasant direction. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully on a brighter day.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This a typical Marriott Courtyard that has been remodeled with a modern look. I would say I miss the old décor and real restaurant. We ate breakfast here which was not free and worse than the free breakfast that you get at most motels. I certainly wouldn't eat dinner here. The room was nice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Sarasota Airport for your recent travels. It is unfortunate our breakfast was less than perfect. We do have a full cooked to order breakfast with a full kitchen. Most of the guests are raving about the wonderful food options. I apologize your breakfast was not the same. Next time you are back in town I hope you are able to give us another chance I and I would look forward to speaking with you about your experience.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Your employee, Jane, was superb. She made my three-day stay one of the best I can recall. She is thoughtful, courteous, and amazingly efficient. I am a million miler plus, so I feel ik ow this industry well. Congratulations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
I am so pleased your stay was wonderful. Thank you for your return visits in advance. We look forward to your return and having you as our guest once again.

South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was here for several days competing at the US Rowing Masters National Championship. The staff were beyond wonderful!! Jane in the cafe was just incredible. She tailored food to my needs and desires, she remembered my coffee order without asking every day and just made me and my group feel at home! *Wonderful employee*

Also, in the cafe on the weekends, my group and I had the pleasure of being served by the delightful Ms. Victoria who much like Jane, helped us out and tailored services to our need with a big broad smile!

Every afternoon, when returning from our racing Ankur at the front desk asked about our results and wanted even to see our medals!! He was such a sweet person, and so happy to help in anyway we needed.

Michael, the manager was often helping our at the front desk and he was great too!

I would HIGHLY recommend this Courtyard. It was clean, quiet, great cafe with my favorite Starbucks beverages. But, beyond a great facility was the wonderful, wonderful staff. Thanks especially again to: Jane; Victoria: Ankur and Michael for making it such a pleasant stay!!! I will be back :-)

Room Tip: I was downstairs...which I really would prefer and recommend. It was close to pool and exercise are...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
SRQCYGM, Manager at Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Your group was a BLAST! We hope to see you on your return and with Sarasota hosting the World Rowing Competetion I am sure we will see you many times. Thanks again for your visit and the staff and myself look forward to your return.