“They can't do enough to help you!”

Quality Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 2 December 2011

What a pleasant hotel. Look, most hotels have nice clean rooms - but I think it's rare when you find a hotel where the front desk staff stays the same year over year - and they just can't do enough to help you. And that's the way the Comfort Inn on Clark Rd is. We arrived tired and worn out. And one of the first things the front desk manager said was - he'd noticed our reservation's request for a quiet room, so he'd already assigned us a room on the top floor (for quiet) - and away from the parking lot. Then, since we looked weary, he suggested we try their whirlpool spa and pool behind the hotel. Super. What a great place to stay! And how refreshingly different from all of those other hotel reviews you'll read that have kids on the front desk who really don't care!

Room Tip: Refreshing service that makes a difference!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyOldOne

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was leary of staying here as it's a budget hotel, but I was quite pleased with my stay. The rooms are really big and I will say thank you to the cleaning staff as they really do a nice job. Front desk staff was always professional and friendly. The included breakfast is really great and the location is great too. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. Nothing fancy at all, but the important thing is it's safe, it's clean, and a great value.

Room Tip: I'm assuming one room is the same as another.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank seatheworldBoston
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stopped for one night on our way to Ft. Myers Beach. Room was clean, no noise and a great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dshoberg
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The amenities are, for the most part, what you'd expect at any Comfort Inn.
The staff truly makes this better than average . . . however, I rated this 'average' due to: 1) Being able to easily hear noise through the walls, 2) 'Bathroom' sink is in the walkway into the room - not seperate (only commode and shower are together) 3) The flimsy kind of furniture in the room - table was wobbly 4) A/C noise was louder than I'd like.

On the plus side - 1) the bed was comfortable and clean 2)the room had a refridgerator and microwave.

The breakfast was the standard for Comfort Inn - though, they ran out of coffee during breakfast (with nothing prepared as a back-up). Please note, do not be even 2 minutes past the breakfast cutoff time . . . as I saw a couple who were turned-away at 10:02 one morning. The entire area was very clean.

Two newspapers - USA Today and The Wall Street Journal are provided free-of-chagre - Thank you!

This inn is not inexpensive - but, it is a fair value. I would return.

Room Tip: 'Bathroom' sink is in the walkway into the room - not seperate (only commode and shower are...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DNWahoo
Reviewed 12 October 2011

On our 10 day journey, Your Staff, Hotel and Value was our top hotel (!!)
Great Service, perfect location, cool employees. It even topped an expensive Resort in Orlando, You're outstanding and we love to plan another stay with You on our next vacation!

I had to send my forgotten cellphone to Europe. Staff helped to be picked-up by FEDEX and everybody helped me!

Thank You guys and keep smiling!
Beat

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bit H
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Me and my wife stayed there to visit some beaches like Clearwater, Venice and Sarasota.
The beaches are wonderfull, and the hotel is ok. Not so clean as we wanted, but rooms with a good area, a nice continental breakfast, wi-fi internet and free parking. The elevator was out working very well, so I had to use the stairs, but that was only one floor, so no problem. Very nice restaurants on a 15 minutes car ride at St.Armands circle.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ASeewald
comfort57, General Manager at Quality Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Whether glowing or not, we value all our guests' opinions. Siesta Key Beach is barely 4 miles west of the hotel, and is the Number 1 rated beach 2011 in the US. It is truly stunning.
We would rather everyone loved the hotel as much as the beach and we do all we can. So to keep up with all our guests' expectations, we have now recruited a new executive housekeeper who is superb, and introduced a brand new Hot Breakfast to replace the Continental. All our improvements are being exceptionally well received.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

This was just right. Good location, as clean as you can possibly expect this level of hotel to be, good service, quiet, pool w/ jacuzzi, and the whole 3rd floor is smoke free. And the price was WAAAY better than our other options. Oh yeah, and good (free) breakfast too! I asked for a mini fridge in my room, and got one. Plus, I called and asked if I could check in earlier than their 1:00 check-in and they said, "no problem." I can see why they have so many accolades for great service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
comfort57, General Manager at Quality Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2011

We try really hard to provide the best value for money we can. We will always do whatever we possibly can for our guests. Your comfort and convenience is our top priority. All rooms have a fridge and microwave. You're going to love the new hot breakfast even more than our curent buffet.