“such a deal”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lutz, Florida
“such a deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Inexpensive. Modern Tvs . Microwave and regrigerator in rooms . Squeeky clean. Average breakfast bar. Excellent service desk. Conviently located off of I75. Loads of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Very long hallways away from elevators..... if you have a senior with you.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank empress69
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites. We have started testing some new breakfast so next time you come back make sure you let us know how you like it! Hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sarasota!

AmericInn Staff and Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was pleasantly surprised on how great this place was! The staff was very friendly the hotel was in perfect condition the rooms where big. Everything was like new. The breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anybody! There is so much more to do and see in sarasota than i had expected next time we will stay longer. Usually we go to orlando and stay on Disney property but this place was a great unexpected change.

Room Tip: The room we had was in the first floor and had an outside entrance to the pool. also some rooms have...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dvcFlorida
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. The rooms with the pool access are my favorite too, nothing like walking out your back door into the pool!! Hope to see you back soon.

Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We really liked this hotel. We used it to visit family in Sarasota. PROS: Modest price, easy access location off I-75, near lots of good restaurant chains and 2 supermarkets. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient getting us into our room late on the first night. The room service fixed the room for each of the three nights just like it was when we arrived. There is a breakfast included for each day, frankly, it felt like it was lacking. I do not want to fault AmericInn for putting out complementary food, and I know how tough times are these days. Clearly this is a BIG help to families on a budget. We did appreciate having it available. It just felt like things were not very fresh, perhaps by 9am (three hours into breakfast service) things had been out too long. (On the last day, the coffee was lukewarm.) Just calling it as I saw it. But other than that, this hotel is worth the stay and we will return in the future when visiting relatives.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CTUSA
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites. We are looking at making some changes to the breakfast so next time you come back make sure you let us know how you like it! Hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sarasota!

sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed one night before moving into condo for a week. Staff was very helpful with all of our questions about the area.. Hotel was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was very good, many choices. Difficult to find but worth it. Nightly reception was a nice surprise.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. I love breakfast too as a matter of fact I just had a sausage biscuit! Hope to see you back soon.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

The service at the hotel was great. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Had one issue but was taken care of right away even though it was after 11pm. The manager came up and took care of it personally. Now that's what I call service. The hotel was very warm and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. We strive to fix any problems as fast as possible; sometimes that means sending a manager up to a room with a plunger or hammer! Hope to see you back soon.

Saco, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

A liitle far from our visit to new college but worth the trip. Comfortable clean rooms,decent breakfast and nice pool. Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2011
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites even though and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sarasota!

AmericInn Staff and Management
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We spent 3 days here and really loved the place. Room was very clean, smelled nice, and beds were super comfortable. They even had lots of pillows, including the soft ones that I like (but they also had firmer ones). The microwave and fridge were very handy. The air conditioning worked well. The pool was lovely. The fitness room looked quite adequate, although I didn't have time to use it. Breakfast was really nice - waffles, bagles, toast, muffins, cereal, eggs, sausage, coffee, juices, etc.
The front desk also advised us that dinner is served at 5 pm every day, but we never got back from our sightseeing on time for that, so can't comment on it.
The hotel is located a little out of the main town area, but it only takes minutes to get to the historic district and to Longboat Key. We loved Armand's Circle and Longboat Key. The MOTE Aquarium was one of the best we've ever been to - and my 12 year old and I have been to lots of them. The GWIZ Science Museum was great fun too!
We loved Siesta Key Beach - again it only took about 15 minutes to get there from the hotel.
There are lots of restaurants and stores around the hotel, which was very convenient. My only disappointment was Perkins, which is supposed to provide room service. When I tried to call them (several times) no one ever picked up the phone. So we went out!

The only surprise we got was on the bill at checkout. I was sure I head read that domestic long distance calls were free, but there were two whoppping charges on my bill, for calls I had made to my home (which is only 4 hours from Sarasota). Will check into this, but maybe I was mistaken...
In any event, I would definitely recommend AmericInn to anyone visiting Sarasota. It's a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. Unfortunately long distance phone calls are not free. We hope to see you back soon!