“Great hotel with much to like” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Great hotel with much to like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We only stayed for one night during a drive south to the Florida Keys. This Americinn had much to go for it. It was very close to the interstate highway (75) that skirted around Sarasota but was also on a road (Fruitville) that went straight to the downtown and the beach area. Check in and out were very easy and there was a large colorful lobby with lots of chairs and a TV. It was easy to navigate your way around the hotel and our room was very nice. All was clean and roomy. There was a large breakfast area next to the lobby with many breakfast choices including warm food. On one side of the parking lot there was a Perkins for those who did not want to go far for a meal but several other dining places and stores were a short drive away. In addition, it was easy to get an affordable price on their website. We were very pleased and give it a strong recommendation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank unclelouie
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites. The hotel is very roomy it makes it easy to spread out; I know I need that when I travel with family!

AmericInn Management & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bolivar, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

We had a "pure" room due to asthma and allergies issues. Price was very reasonable & location convenient just off the I-75. The room was clean and modern with TV, coffeemaker, Wi-Fi, etc. Everything worked. Beds were comfy with plushy comforters. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had some palms and flowering shrubs outside our window. Perkins restaurant was just across the parking lot. We only stayed one night because we were on our way to Bradenton, but if we go to Sarasota again, we would stay here.
There was a bowl of fresh fruit at the breakfast bar, with mangos, oranges, pears, and berries. Also available were waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and cereal. Nice lobby and breakfast bar.

Room Tip: The "pure" rooms have an air purifier in them. If you don't have asthma or allergies...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy E
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. Just reading your review is making me hungry; I guess that's when you know breakfast is good! Hope to see you soon.

Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We really enjoyed staying here but not being familiar with Sarasota and where the beaches were, this was pretty far. Maybe 30 minutes. Good location for other things however, Target, Wal-Mart, Chain Restaurants - right off the highway. Good value. Rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable. Staff were very nice. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RikkilynCT
We are happy to hear you had a nice stay at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites of Sarasota. Hopefully we will see you next time you are in Sarasota!

AmericInn Staff and Management
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Inexpensive. Modern Tvs . Microwave and regrigerator in rooms . Squeeky clean. Average breakfast bar. Excellent service desk. Conviently located off of I75. Loads of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Very long hallways away from elevators..... if you have a senior with you.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank empress69
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites. We have started testing some new breakfast so next time you come back make sure you let us know how you like it! Hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sarasota!

AmericInn Staff and Management
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was pleasantly surprised on how great this place was! The staff was very friendly the hotel was in perfect condition the rooms where big. Everything was like new. The breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend it to anybody! There is so much more to do and see in sarasota than i had expected next time we will stay longer. Usually we go to orlando and stay on Disney property but this place was a great unexpected change.

Room Tip: The room we had was in the first floor and had an outside entrance to the pool. also some rooms have...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dvcFlorida
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. The rooms with the pool access are my favorite too, nothing like walking out your back door into the pool!! Hope to see you back soon.

Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We really liked this hotel. We used it to visit family in Sarasota. PROS: Modest price, easy access location off I-75, near lots of good restaurant chains and 2 supermarkets. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient getting us into our room late on the first night. The room service fixed the room for each of the three nights just like it was when we arrived. There is a breakfast included for each day, frankly, it felt like it was lacking. I do not want to fault AmericInn for putting out complementary food, and I know how tough times are these days. Clearly this is a BIG help to families on a budget. We did appreciate having it available. It just felt like things were not very fresh, perhaps by 9am (three hours into breakfast service) things had been out too long. (On the last day, the coffee was lukewarm.) Just calling it as I saw it. But other than that, this hotel is worth the stay and we will return in the future when visiting relatives.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CTUSA
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the AmericInn Hotel and Suites. We are looking at making some changes to the breakfast so next time you come back make sure you let us know how you like it! Hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Sarasota!

sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed one night before moving into condo for a week. Staff was very helpful with all of our questions about the area.. Hotel was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was very good, many choices. Difficult to find but worth it. Nightly reception was a nice surprise.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
americinn5931, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites in Sarasota. I love breakfast too as a matter of fact I just had a sausage biscuit! Hope to see you back soon.