“Great Find!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yonkers, New York
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We recently stayed 3 days at this property and were very happy. They had large rooms, nice pool and a BIG breakfast. Staff friendly and accommodating. Had a Manager "special one of the nights which had pasta, salad and 2 glasses of wine-FREE Would go again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

3 days here ... Wish we could have stayed longer . First thing that you notice when walking in is it smelled fresh and clean from the lobby into the halls ( which are notoriously unclean smelling in most places ) . Rooms are good size and have fridge which is great for family trips . Under $100 too. Cannot beat it !!

1 Thank Duane L
Reviewed 12 July 2013

clean, comfortable and very easy to access off I75. the staff was very friendly and accomodating. the lobby is beautiful and everyone seemed busy and enjoyed their jobs. the area was safe and close to shopping malls, stores, gas station and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I took a vacation over the 4th we wanted to go to Siesta Key but the hotels there are super expensive so we booked at the AmericInn, it only took us 15 to get to the key and the hotel was perfect for us. We had a 1 room suite that extra space with a sofa and chair we had lots of room. The room was super clean and had comfortable beds. Breakfast was good had many choices every day not like some hotels that just give you 1. Had a dinner at night which was nice after being at the beach all day. Staff was very friendly gave us suggestions to do on a rainy day and directions. I can't wait to come back next year!!!

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Just stayed two nites. King room with jacuzzi. Breakfast very good for this type hotel. Having lived in Sarasota we knew where we were, and where everything is. Room well furnished and quiet. Only problem is wi~fi. Very slow. Requires re~login at least daily. Front desk stated they were aware of problem. Otherwise, all good.

• Stayed July 2013
Julia S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and taking the time to share your experience with us. Many of our guests have made the choice to upgrade to our suites and always enjoy the size and comfort of the larger rooms. We appreciate your comment regarding the internet and we are aware of the problem with the system running slow. We have contacted our vendor regarding this issue and they are currently working on it. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sarasota.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

RIGHT off I-75; very clean; nice pool; ample parking.

Pigged-OUT at the breakfast - kids loved making their own waffles.

The pool area was so nice in that it did not abut the highway traffic noise one often encounters with hotels so near a major intersection.

Sun 'n Fun was also within a couple of miles (directly east on Fruitville Rd.) and they have a day pass for a waterslide into their pool that is great for kids to burn off energy and stay cool at the same time.

Green Features: They have the sign about not changing room linens/towels every day - so we complied, no problem...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here 1 night while attending a course. Reasonably priced and convenient, BUT ants everywhere in the room (did not realize until the following morning) and I woke up to realize I had been bitten by bugs. Room while superficially very clean, did smell a little - just stale. On arrival the receptionist was smoking, mmmmmm. Internet was slow ( receptionist advised me on arrival that it was running slow and didn't know why) Room are big with mini-fridge and microwave. if it hadn't been for the ants etc would have 4/5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Julia S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in the area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. Unfortunately the raining weather has played havoc on our pest control and we have been working to keep this under control. As you know here in Florida that everything is built on sand and that ants are very prominent. I am also looking into the other issues as well and will follow through with the appropriate measures. I would love for you to call me directly the next time that you are in the area so that I am able to insure your stay is everything it should be. Your business is very important to us. We hope to see you back for your next stay in Sarasota here at the AmericInn.