“Now I know Why it was A Secret Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

While this hotel has great potential it didn't cut the muster on this visit. We booked it as a fabulous secret hotel in Sarasota, Florida. The room we were assigned was too small for a week's lodging. We found out later the rooms across the hall were spacious. The beds were too soft and made our backs hurt. The tiny area designated as a kitchenette was pathetic. Forget about the computer service offered by the hotel. It is provided by a vendor and is very slow, ancient technology, and unsatisfactory.
Our biggest complaint about this hotel is the poor regulation of the hotel security. On a Friday night some 30 young adults decided to party in a room across the hall. For several hours the doors opened and closed like a revolving door. How did they get into the hotel? They opened a side door which is normally open only by a guest key, propped it open and came in and out at leisure.
There are some good features including the breakfasts that are well presented, the beautiful clean pool and spa, and the friendly front desk personnel. Too bad management can't bring the rest of it together.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire about the room you are getting...there are huge differences.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Sarasota for your recent visit to Sarasota. We are disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. I am sorry for the dissatisfaction you experienced. We do offer a variety of suites which are larger than the standard rooms and are perfect for longer stays. Unfortunately we do not have kitchenettes in any of our rooms however the suites do have a wet bar in them. It is very hard to find a mattress to please everyone; the beds are a commercial Serta mattress and are medium in firmness which we find to be the most popular option. We are aware of the internet issue and do apologize for the inconvenience, we are in the process of upgrading the equipment. We did have several wedding groups in over the weekend and did get a few complaints. As soon as we were made aware of the issue we relocated them to the lobby so there would be no other disturbances to the other guests. Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service in the future.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two boys for a baseball tournament my son was in. I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Sarasota area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is in a very good part of town. It is a fairly new hotel with a nice open lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was modern, clean and every thing worked perfectly. The pool, hot tub and brick decking were very nice. The breakfast was good - a little limited, but good. I think this hotel is an excellent value. We are travel agents and will recommend this hotel brand to our clients.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for choosing AmericInn of Sarasota we appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your visit with others. It is an honor to get such a rave review from a travel agent and we are so excited you are going to recommend us to your clients!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My stay here was great. The staff were very friendly and the late checkout was a big help to me. Most hotels are knocking on your door at 1030 wanting you out. My room was clean, bathroom was clean, all linens were fresh and smelled great. My ac worked great. I will stay here again when I make it back this way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Everything was excellent!!! This is a very clean hotel. the beds are comfortable, safe neighborhood . Everything is nearby, wonderful and knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend this hotel, Best staff and management

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A really great place to stay. After the madness of Disney in Orlando this was an oasis of calm. Very pleasant clean rooms and even free eats between 5 & 6 including beer and wine and a great breakfast thrown in. A little difficult to locate but worth the effort. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor! I certainly know how exhausting a vacation in Orlando can be I’m glad you got a little relaxation time staying with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My Husband & I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while travelling around Florida. The check in was smooth & gave us a room as requested not backing on to the highway. A hot buffet style breakfast was included in a nice bright airy room. The swimming pool was clean & pool towels were obtained from reception albeit they were a little small. Our room overlooked the swimming pool & was very spacious had a safe, fridge tea & coffee facilities also an iron & ironing board. The hotel has lots of shops & restaurants around & a good road network. The car park is large so never a problem finding a space after a busy day out sightseeing. Would certainly stay here again if in the area & would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple