“Great Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent maintenance, excellent front desk. Rooms nice and clean, comfortable beds, nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair dryer. Everything was great. Great location. We had an air purifier in our room as well as allergy free pillows.The breakfast is ok, could be better, but I did get down there a little late.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The motel is clean. About 6 months ago I stayed at the Laquinta in Sarasota. It was dirty. The elevator was dirty. The stairwells were dirty. The chair was dirty. This Americinn is far different. It is clean! In addition to the elevator and stairwells being clean, the rest of the motel was clean. In fact I saw them running around with an extended cleaner cleaning places I never would have thought of.

It was also less money than the Laquinta. Possibly because it was 3 miles farther from downtown Sarasota. But the area the Americinn is in is safer.

Breakfasts are far better than most motels (Laquinta breakfast was about the same). They had sausages, biscuits with gravy. Egg omlets. Waffles. Really a pretty full service breakfast.

My wife says she could smell smoke in the hallways. I couldn't. She also said the walls are too thin. You can hear the neighbors probably better than you should.

Internet worked. Kind of slow as others have complained, but I used it watch security video of my home property. Video streaming is possible in stops and starts.

I do wish it had more chairs and/or couch. I do wish it had a DVD player. Maybe I really wanted a condo. But for one night or two it's great!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised. Never stayed at an AmericInn before. This was an exceptional stay. The front desk staff, was the most efficient, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and perfect for their position. Housekeeping staff constantly cleaning and washing floors. Room a/c quiet and effecient. Linens clean and comfy. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

At AmericInn, our daily mission is to provide you with a clean, well maintained facility all provided by a friendly, attentive staff. I’ll be sure to share your review with our team – I know that they will really enjoy your comments regarding their hospitality.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional visit on your next trip to Sarasota.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Nice, clean and comfortable inn. Good location for me as we needed to be in the area. Ample free parking available. The free WiFi was a bit on the slow side but that is usually what you get at most hotels. A very good value for the price I paid on Expedia.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Came to stay at the hotel while visiting family for the holidays. The hotel was so beautifully decorated for the holidays that we really felt like we where at home. The hotel was clean and the staff was so kind. It made being away from home at the holidays bearable.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel was very nice for our 1 night stay. I found a few things that I didn't like. One was that there weren't enough outlets in the room for electronics and there wasn't a cup in the bathroom. Another was that there wasn't a "sleep" button on the TV remote. I know that might sound frivolous, but I think it's very important when on vacation sharing a hotel room. We did like that they had parking right in front of the building for hybrid cars (we were in a Prius). The only thing was that upon arriving back from dinner, there was a Toyota Highlander in the spot and in the morning there was a Hummer in the spot. Neither of which I think qualify for a hybrid. The breakfast was very good with a huge selection. Bagels, fresh fruit, instant oatmeal, fresh egg omelets, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and coffee with flavoring if you wanted it. Staff was very nice and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel chain and probably stay in another one on a future trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review of the AmericInn of Sarasota! We know that you have many choices when it comes to your accommodations, and we appreciate you choosing us. We have just ordered outlet boxes for all the desks in the rooms; we hope to have them in just a few weeks. I apologize you did not have cups in the bathroom I will follow up with the staff to make sure they are putting the appropriate items in the rooms.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to once again be of service on a future trip to Sarasota.