“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our first stay at at AmericInn. This is a very well managed and well maintained hotel and We would definitely stay at this facility again. The location is just off the interstate in a very convenient area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Burnley, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night, check in was hassle free and the room was clean and of decent size. I actually really enjoyed the comfort of this hotel, and it was at a very reasonable price. There are plenty of nearby drinking/eating establishments, its a bit of a drive to the beach and other than that we struggled to find things to do in the Sarasota area, but maybe with more planning we could have made more of the time. But hotel wise I was very happy with my stay, no issues so can't find a reason not to give this the 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Shedd, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here when our flights were cancelled.. They have great customer service...we were impressed with our room...and there breakfast is really good... We would recommend this to anybody.. Our room kept up and clean.. Check it out if you are in the area and need some where to stay...

Room Tip: If you plan to have four people in a room get a suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Haslett, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Excellent maintenance, excellent front desk. Rooms nice and clean, comfortable beds, nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair dryer. Everything was great. Great location. We had an air purifier in our room as well as allergy free pillows.The breakfast is ok, could be better, but I did get down there a little late.

Green Features: Very cool environmentally friendly air purifier, allergy free pillows, option to wash sheets and towels less frequently to conserve.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The motel is clean. About 6 months ago I stayed at the Laquinta in Sarasota. It was dirty. The elevator was dirty. The stairwells were dirty. The chair was dirty. This Americinn is far different. It is clean! In addition to the elevator and stairwells being clean, the rest of the motel was clean. In fact I saw them running around with an extended cleaner cleaning places I never would have thought of.

It was also less money than the Laquinta. Possibly because it was 3 miles farther from downtown Sarasota. But the area the Americinn is in is safer.

Breakfasts are far better than most motels (Laquinta breakfast was about the same). They had sausages, biscuits with gravy. Egg omlets. Waffles. Really a pretty full service breakfast.

My wife says she could smell smoke in the hallways. I couldn't. She also said the walls are too thin. You can hear the neighbors probably better than you should.

Internet worked. Kind of slow as others have complained, but I used it watch security video of my home property. Video streaming is possible in stops and starts.

I do wish it had more chairs and/or couch. I do wish it had a DVD player. Maybe I really wanted a condo. But for one night or two it's great!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Delray Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised. Never stayed at an AmericInn before. This was an exceptional stay. The front desk staff, was the most efficient, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and perfect for their position. Housekeeping staff constantly cleaning and washing floors. Room a/c quiet and effecient. Linens clean and comfy. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
At AmericInn, our daily mission is to provide you with a clean, well maintained facility all provided by a friendly, attentive staff. I’ll be sure to share your review with our team – I know that they will really enjoy your comments regarding their hospitality.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional visit on your next trip to Sarasota.