“Wonderful stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Really was unsure of the hotel since it is a not a familiar brand but to our surprise it was really wonderful. The room was clean and the staff were so friendly. Breakfast was really good with many choices. I will be returning

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great service. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable..there was nothing lacking in that room. The staff was very friendly.The location was very good and close to many good restaurants and to many tourist attractions. If you are looking for a pool, hot tub and exercise room it is at the AmericInn in Sarasota.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I arrived 1/9/14. I pulled through the drive and parked at the side front in a high traffic well lit area. Checked in and was told to park in the rear. That was dimly lit. My truck was stolen from their parking lot, no security cameras, and an Oh well attitude. Not their problem.
Also no HBO the whole weekend and when I called to report it, I was told that no one was reporting it but me. I asked from maintenance, he came, checked, saw that it was not working then left. I had to call to see what was going on and then was told that it was out with the cable company. But when I first called they were rather snotty. WORST security and attitudes ever.
Leads you to believe they have security by the monitor set up at check in with a sign advertising the security service.
I would NEVER have parked my truck in the back but was told to do so.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mysticjungle
Jennifer B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Sarasota for your recent visit to Sarasota. We take the security at our hotel very serious and are very concerned with the safety of all our guests. There is a security company that is hired by the association that does regular drive-bys. We do have a security monitor at the front desk for the inside of the hotel. We have verified that all of our parking lot lights are working at 100%. We do suggest to our guests other doors that surround the hotel only for convenience.
Sarasota
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our first stay at at AmericInn. This is a very well managed and well maintained hotel and We would definitely stay at this facility again. The location is just off the interstate in a very convenient area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Burnley, UK
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night, check in was hassle free and the room was clean and of decent size. I actually really enjoyed the comfort of this hotel, and it was at a very reasonable price. There are plenty of nearby drinking/eating establishments, its a bit of a drive to the beach and other than that we struggled to find things to do in the Sarasota area, but maybe with more planning we could have made more of the time. But hotel wise I was very happy with my stay, no issues so can't find a reason not to give this the 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Shedd, Oregon
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here when our flights were cancelled.. They have great customer service...we were impressed with our room...and there breakfast is really good... We would recommend this to anybody.. Our room kept up and clean.. Check it out if you are in the area and need some where to stay...

Room Tip: If you plan to have four people in a room get a suite